Text “BellaRomero” to 41411 to join our text group! (For example, receive a message if we do not have school that day.)
6:00-7:00 p.m. Thurs., Dec. 12
· Class of 2019 students will be sharing examples of work they have done in their ELECTIVE CLASSES
· Students in younger grades can attend to see the path ahead and get an idea of what is “new and different” in 7th grade at Bella.
· Community members and prospective students/families are provided an opportunity to visit Bella Romero and get a feel for our middle-level programming.
· View examples of great student work in the following courses/extra-curricular areas:
o Advanced Robotics (CAE)
o Math Navigator
o Reading Force
o 2D and 3D Art
o Athletics and P.E.
o Clarinet Ensemble
o Digital Music Studio
o Code Academy
· Rotate throughout various locations in the school in any order you choose and spend as much or as little time as you would like in each location.
· There is a Clarinet Ensemble performance at 6:15 p.m. in the Gym.
Each year, the state of Colorado looks at the performance of our students on state assessments, and gives each school a rating based on an analysis of those scores. These ratings then determine what kind of improvement plan each school will be assigned. Schools may be required to implement a performance plan, improvement plan, priority improvement plan, or turnaround plan. Performance plans require the least amount of change and turnaround plans require the most dramatic strategies for improvement.
Based on the results, our school is required to develop a priority improvement plan. According to the ranking, we did not meet the expectations in achievement and growth. We are in the process of developing a plan to address the areas where we did not meet expectations and will submit a two-year plan to the state by January 15, 2014. On the positive side, our reading and writing achievement both increased by 10% in comparison to 2012.
If you would like to have input into the creation of the plan and receive an update on our progress in implementing last year's plan, please plan to attend our school accountability committee meeting on October 29, 2013 at 4:00 pm.