Parents and community
members, I wanted to let you know that we are working to update our Prairie
Heights Middle School website. We have been getting calls about the following
When is registration?
Registration is August 11th from 8:00-12:00 and
What will the bus pick up locations be?
At this time I do not have this
information, but we will have it on the 11th for you during registration.
What is the school supply
list? The 2015-2016 School Supply List (all grades) is below:
What is the uniform policy?
- 48 wooden #2 pencils
- 1 box of 12 colored pencils
- 2 boxes of facial tissue
- 1 box of reusable bags (quart size)
- 4 glue sticks
- 2 packages of pens (black)
- 4 packages of loose-leaf, college-ruled paper
- 1 large pink eraser
- 2 Expo brand dry-erase markers
- 5- composition notebooks
- 1-scientific calculator
The School Dress Code is as follows:
Pants, shorts, or skirts need to be solid black or khaki. If you are buying shorts or skirts, please make sure they go as long as mid-thigh or longer. The shirt needs to be a solid hunter green or gray polo or a school spirit shirt which will be available for purchase at registration. Hooded sweatshirts or sweaters will not be allowed to be worn in the building. In addition to our uniform policy, we will also follow the District 6 Dress Code Expectations.
What to expect on your first day
The High Performance design features include:
- Day lighting in every classroom
- Roof monitors that bring daylight into the “main street”
- Durable materials of brick, block and metal panels
- Energy efficient mechanical system
- Energy efficient lighting system
- 103,000 S.F., 2 story school
- 22 Acres
- LEED for Schools Certification
- 3 “Learning Communities” with a “Main Street”
- Gymnasium with seating for 400 students
- Library with night time access
- Cafeteria with stage
- Funded by B.E.S.T. Grant program and by the Greeley-Evans communities
for background information on the project.