Name: Shannon Dixon
Classes Taught: Social Studies
Welcome to Jefferson High School. This is my ninth year teaching for District 6. I have been at Jefferson High School since it opened in the 2010-2011 school year. Prior to Jefferson, I taught at Trademark High School.
Classroom Rules & Expectations
The Six Ps
EVERYONE in this classroom deserves respect! Racial and other disrespectful comments, along with bullying will not be tolerated.
30% Discovery Points
· Up to 12 Discovery points are awarded every day. Discovery points are earned by following the Six Ps. If points are lost, they cannot be made up.
· If work is completed below a 70%, it will be handed back to be corrected. It must be turned back in by the date written on the assignment.
· If any letters, or numbers are crossed out (along with other gang oriented symbols) on assignments you will be given the choice to redo the assignment or take a zero on the first offense – after the first time it is an automatic zero along with a trip to the office (follows the student handbook on gang activity).
§ The above goes for any drug/alcohol representation as well.
· Work must be turned in on time for full credit. You have ONE WEEK after the original due date to turn an assignment in for partial credit. After ONE WEEK the grade becomes a zero.
· It is your responsibility to get work missed. You have one week from the day missed to get assignments turned in. Grading follows that of late work.
· Work can be made up before school, lunch or after school – not during another teacher’s class.
· Updated grades will be posted weekly (by student number) on a bulletin board in the classroom.
· IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DO YOUR WORK IN CLASS, YOU CHOOSE TO TAKE A ZERO ON THAT ASSIGNMENT!
· DON’T DO IT! If cheating or copying occurs everyone involved will receive a zero and no points can be made up.
· If it cheating is a constant issue parents will be notified.
· NO bathroom passes the first 15 minutes or last 15 minutes of class – this is what passing periods are for
· You should be gone no longer than 5 minutes – if you are you will be marked absent from the class.
· Go where you say you’re going.
· Other passes will be given at teacher discretion and can be taken away at any time.
· NO passes are given to work in another teacher’s class. If you miss class because you are working with another teacher it is an absence.
Cell Phones & Electronics
· Cell phones and music devices should be unseen and unheard – they can and will be taken for the class and locked in a cabinet. The second time a phone is taken; it will go to Larry or Trish in the office for the remainder of the day.
Absences and Tardies:
· After 6 unexcused absences you can be dropped from the class.
· If you are more than 10 minutes late for class, it is counted as an absence.
· After 5 tardies you will receive a referral for lunch detention. The date of your detention will be the following school day. If tardies continue after the first 5, a referral for lunch detention will be given each time.
Only water is allowed in the classroom. If you bring food, pop, energy drinks, etc. with you, it will be placed on the back counter for the remainder of class.