P. R. I. D. E.
We expect students at Chappelow to learn these expectations and apply them for positive success everyday.
I own my choices, words, and actions.
I honor myself, others, and my environment.
I am honest and make the right choices.
I try my best and don’t give up.
I am kind and considerate.
I Show PRIDE at Chappelow
I Show PRIDE during Arrival
P I arrive on time – no later than 8:25.
R I arrive no earlier than 8:00 unless enrolled in an activity.
I I go to the playground/cafeteria until the first bell.
D I line up in the correct location when the first bell rings.
E I use hallway PRIDE when I enter the building.
I Show PRIDE in the Hallway
P I walk on the right hand side of the hall.
R I am quiet and considerate of classes in session.
I I walk directly to my destination.
D I avoid distractions.
E I keep my body and belongings to myself.
I Show PRIDE in the Bathroom
P I only use the bathroom when I need to.
R I leave no trace.
I I go to the bathroom only with permission and with a hall pass.
D I do my business and get back to class.
E I flush the toilet and wash my hands.
I Show PRIDE in the Cafeteria
P I practice self control.
R I leave no trace.
I I wait quietly in line.
D I am patient.
E I say “please and thank you.”
P I walk.
R I keep my hands and feet to myself.
I I follow hallway PRIDE.
D I wait my turn.
E I use an inside voice.
P I stay in my seat until dismissed.
R I keep my hands in my own space.
I I keep my food off the floors.
D I eat until I am full.
E I use good manners.
P I clean up around my area (table, floor).
R I raise my hand to empty my tray.
I +1 = I do something helpful.
D I empty everything into the trash barrel.
E I place my tray neatly in the return stack.
P I leave all food in the cafeteria.
R I stay in my own personal space.
I I wait to be dismissed.
D I line up in the appropriate location.
E I walk.
I Show PRIDE during Assemblies
P I enter and exit safely and quietly.
R I sit on my bottom, and clap accordingly.
I I participate appropriately.
D I remain in my designated area.
E I watch and listen respectfully.
I Show PRIDE in the Computer Lab
P I keep my password private.
R I leave no trace.
I I only use the programs and websites assigned by the teacher.
D I focus on my work.
E I log out when I am finished.
I Show PRIDE during Dismissal
P I only take approved routes and I stay behind the yellow line on the sidewalk.
R I walk while on school grounds.
I I stay in the classroom until the teacher dismisses me.
D I use a designated crosswalk/sidewalk to reach my destination.
E I keep my voice low.
Show PRIDE on the Playground
P I stay within the boundaries and use the equipment safely.
R I share, take turns, and include everyone.
I I play games fairly and follow the rules.
D I make good choices even if others are not.
E I solve conflicts with kindness and use T.W.A.
· I will not sit on, swing on, or kick the tether ball.
· I will not climb tether ball or basketball poles.
· I will rotate out after 1 loss or 2 wins.
· I will come down on my bottom, feet first, without my legs hanging over.
· I will come down one at a time.
· I will not put sand or other items on the slides.
· I will not “climb up” the slides.
· I will always use the ladder.
· I will not stand or sit on top of the bars.
· I will not pull or push (with any part of my body) anyone off the bars.
· I will not do “baby-drops” or gymnastic stunts.
· I will stay away from others swinging.
· I will face east when I am swinging.
· I will be the only one on a single swing.
· I will sit on my bottom on the swing.
· I will not jump off or twist around the swing.
· I will not push and run under the person swinging.
· I will help any student who needs assistance getting on or off of the swing. I can give them a small push to get going.
· I will take turns! I will count to 50 and trade off if another student is waiting to swing.
· I will be considerate of others.
· I will not push, shove or tackle.
· I will not use foul language.
· I will keep the game friendly and non-competitive.
· I will include everyone.
· I will end the game when the bell rings, or whistle blows.
T TALK OUT THE PROBLEM
W WALK AWAY FROM THE PROBLEM
A ADULT: GO TO ADULT
I will follow this sequence unless I need immediate adult assistance. Issues for which I should go directly to the adult include:
· Hitting/physical contact
· Safety concerns (unsafe objects, people or activities)