Students who attend Centennial Elementary are expected to wear uniforms.
Our uniform colors are:
Shirts - white, gray, black, or yellow collared shirts
Pants - black, navy blue or Khaki five pocket dress slacks or shorts
Girls – may also wear navy, black, khaki skirts or capris
(Shorts and skirts must be long enough that when the student is standing
with their arms at their sides their fingertips do not touch skin)
No jeans or “Dickies” may be worn.
In the event a student comes to school dressed inappropriately, parents will be called to
bring appropriate clothing. Students will be required to change into appropriate clothing
to comply with our school’s uniform policy. Habitual infractions of the school uniform
policy may result in disciplinary action by school administrators.
Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times. Flip flops or similar footwear is not
appropriate to wear at school. They do not provide the protection needed during P.E. and
/or daily recess. Please keep these shoes for casual wear at home. Also, no “Heelies”
may be worn in school.
Colorado weather can be tricky. Students should come to school dressed appropriately
for the weather. During the winter, students will be sent outside for recess unless the
temperature (with or without wind chill) is below 20 degrees. Please make sure that on
cold winter days, your child comes to school with a coat, hat, mittens, and appropriate
footwear. Winter boots need to be changed to appropriate shoes while inside.
District Dress Code:
All students are expected to adhere to the district’s Universal Student Dress Code (Board of Education Policy, section JICA):
- Any clothing item or accessory that causes a disruption to school safety, personal safety and/or the learning environment may result in discretionary intervention by school administrators.
- Tattoos, clothing or accessories that display drugs, sexual innuendos, inappropriate language, alcohol, tobacco products or gang connotations are not permitted. Tattoos displaying any of these must be covered at all times.
- No hats are permitted inside of the school building during the school day. If “hoodies” are worn, the hood may not be worn inside of the school. (Religious headwear is an exception.)
- Sunglasses or dark glasses, absent a verified medical condition, are not to be worn or displayed inside of the school building.
- Trench coats are not permitted anywhere on school property.
- Soled shoes or sandals must be worn at all times (for example, no “bedroom” slippers or similar footwear.)
- Undergarments are not to be exposed.
- Inappropriately sheer, tight or low cut clothing that bare or expose traditionally private parts of the body including, but not limited to, the stomach, buttocks, back, breasts or cleavage is not permitted.
- No shaved or notched eyebrows (absent a verified medical condition).
- No red or blue belts or shoelaces.
- No team jerseys or belt buckles that display the numbers 13, 14, 18, 31, 41 or 81.
- No solid red or solid blue shirts (other than designated school uniforms).
- No red or blue “Dickies” or “Southpole” brand pants, shorts or shirts.
- No red or blue bandana or any color bandana that is draped on clothing or hanging out of a pocket.