To earn a high school diploma from ENGAGE Academy, students must earn a total of 22.0 credits, with specific requirements in certain areas (please see below).
ENGAGE Academy award credits to students based on annual basis, rather than a semester basis; one year’s worth of successful study and achievement in a class will result in 1.0 credit being awarded to the student. Students are designated as Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors based on the number of years they have been in school.
Specific area requirements:
Within the overall total of 22.0 annual credits, students must accumulate a minimum number of credits in the following academic areas.
- LANGUAGE ARTS: 4.0 annual credits required
- MATH: 3.0 annual credits required
- SCIENCE: 3.0 annual credits required
- SOCIAL STUDIES: 3.0 annual credits of Social Studies required
- PE/HEALTH: 1.5 annual credits (note: in addition to regular PE/Health classes, PE credit may be acquired through participation in CHSAA-approved sports or marching band)
- ELECTIVES: 7.5 annual credits required (in addition to regular elective classes, students may earn elective credit for community service experiences)