Dress Code for All Schools
All students are expected to adhere to the district’s Universal Student Dress Code (Board of Education Policy, section JICA):
- Any clothing item or accessory that causes a disruption to school safety, personal safety and/or the learning environment may result in discretionary intervention by school administrators.
- Tattoos, clothing or accessories that display drugs, sexual innuendos, inappropriate language, alcohol, tobacco products or gang connotations are not permitted. Tattoos displaying any of these must be covered at all times.
- No hats are permitted inside of the school building during the school day. If “hoodies” are worn, the hood may not be worn inside of the school. (Religious headwear is an exception.)
- Sunglasses or dark glasses, absent a verified medical condition, are not to be worn or displayed inside of the school building.
- Trench coats are not permitted anywhere on school property.
- Soled shoes or sandals must be worn at all times (for example, no “bedroom” slippers or similar footwear.)
- Undergarments are not to be exposed.
- Inappropriately sheer, tight or low cut clothing that bare or expose traditionally private parts of the body including, but not limited to, the stomach, buttocks, back, breasts or cleavage is not permitted.
- No shaved or notched eyebrows (absent a verified medical condition).
- No red or blue belts or shoelaces.
- No team jerseys or belt buckles that display the numbers 13, 14, 18, 31, 41 or 81.
- No solid red or solid blue shirts (other than designated school uniforms).
- No red or blue “Dickies” or “Southpole” brand pants, shorts or shirts.
- No red or blue bandana or any color bandana that is draped on clothing or hanging out of a pocket.
Below you will find additions and other areas of emphasis:
Tank tops must be covered by another top (This means tank tops worn by themselves are not permitted.
This includes muscle shirts, spaghetti strap tops, etc.;
Sports bras, bra straps, and boxer shorts must be completely covered by outerwear;
Skirts / shorts at fingertip length;
Shirts that cover midriff skin when hands are raised above head;
Jeans, trousers, and shorts worn at the hip bone (jeans and trousers should not drag on the ground
when students walk);
Unnatural hair color in red or blue is not permitted.