Welcome to Ann K. Heiman!
Welcome to Ann K. Heiman Elementary! We are so excited that you are a part of the Huskies!The pictures are in! - A huge thank you to Randy Owens (of Randy's Restaurant), Photographer and Bill Hall, Pilot for our aerial picture! We're so proud of our school, staff and students!
A message from our principal June 14, 2018
Please look for the latest Husky Newsletter on our school website in the family tab under newsletter. There you will find lots of important information that you will want to be aware of.
Click here to access the 2018-19 School Supply List
Our school offices are open Monday-Thursday 8AM-4PM, closed on Fridays.
We hope you continue to enjoy your summer break. Given the fact that we have the opportunity to serve the needs of so many students in this community, our district has provided us with a dean position who will work alongside Mrs. Ramirez and Mrs. Osborn in the office. We are excited to introduce Mrs. Jennifer Meredith as our new dean. She is looking forward to being a Husky and meeting everyone at the start of the school year.
Links to all our digital resources are on the Ann K. Heiman website! We want to specifically highlight Scholastic BookFlix as a great way to encourage reading at home! Go to the Heiman web page www.greeleyschools.org/Domain/11. Hover over library and BookFlix appears in the drop down box. The username and password are Heiman, both are case sensitive so the first letter is capital and all the rest are lowercase.
Finally, we want to encourage you to get involved in community events going on throughout the summer. Here is a list of other free or low cost events going on in Northern Colorado this summer; https://goo.gl/SyfmSi
April 26th were the Special Olympics and many of our students participated. Thank you to the parent group for purchasing team shirts for this event!..Go Huskies!
What an AWESOME day! GO HUSKIES!!!
IMPORTANT SCHEDULE CHANGES FOR 2017-18The school day will be from 7:50 AM-3:10 PM Monday-Friday. Half-Day Kindergarten will be from 7:50 AM-11:05 AM Monday-FridayTHERE WILL NO LONGER BE EARLY RELEASE MONDAYS, ALL DAYS WILL HAVE THE SAME SCHEDULE.There will be 5 Mondays throughout the year when students will not come to school to allow teachers opportunities for professional development. Click here to view a copy of the 2017-18 student calendar for next year.
Parking Lot & Drop-Off/Pick-Up
- Parking lot is open only to buses and parents with handicapped parking passes all mornings 7:30-7:50 AM, and all afternoons 2:45-3:20 PM
- 1/2 day Kinder can pick up at the east end of the main parking lot from 11:05-11:45 AM Monday-Friday
- Busses will be loading and unloading in front of the building
- There is a drop-off/pick-lane on the west side of the building
- There is no parking on Palermo Ave between Milan St and Rialto Ave,
- In order to come into the parking lot during closed hours, listed above, vehicles will need a “Husky Pass” from the office.
- The best, and most easily accessible, parking will be north of Ann K. Heiman.
- When coming to Ann K. Heiman off 37th St, use Sienna Ave and come around to the north side of the school. (Please see white dotted line below)
- The pick-up/drop-off zone is for quick drop-off and pick-ups. THERE IS NO PARKING IN THIS LANE.
- The front doors of the school will not be a good “meeting place.” Please, find another location along the west side of the school.
- To be most efficient please come to school with a meet-up plan in place.
- If a vehicle is coming into the parking lot with a “Husky Pass,” please come straight in off Rialto Ave. (There will be no right or left hand turns during closed parking hours)
Last, but certainly not least, courtesy.
- Please do not park in front of our neighbors' driveways.
- Follow all speed limits.
- If you see a vehicle that is not following these guidelines, please report to Ann K. Heiman office staff or Evans Police department. Do not engage in conflict. Remember our children are watching.
Headlines & Features
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, Weld County School District 6, Greeley, Colorado, does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person(s) have been identified as the compliance officer for the district employees and members of the public.
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
1025 Ninth Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631
Complaints regarding violations of Title VI (race, national origin), Title IX (sex/gender), Section 504/ADA (handicap or disability), may be filed directly with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, Colorado, 80204. Complaints regarding violations of Title VII (employment) and the ADEA (prohibiting age discrimination in employment) may be filed directly with the Federal Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 303 E. 17th Avenue, Suite 510, Denver, Colorado, 80202, or the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1050, Denver, Colorado, 80202.
Back to School Night
Thursday, August 16, 2018
Kindergarten - 4:30 - 5:00; Grades 1-5 - 4:30 - 6:00. This is an opportunity for your child and you to meet your child's teacher and see the classroom. All families should plan to attend. Contact the office at 348-2400 for more information.
First Day of School
Grades 1-5 First Day of School - August 20, 2018
Kindergarten - August 23, 2018
Enrollment / Summer Hours
July 17th through July 26th - 7:30 - 4:00 - closed on Fridays
Starting July 30th - Monday through Friday, 7:30 - 3:30
Accepting enrollment packets for Kindergarten through 5th grade. Please bring in child's birth certificate, immunization records, photo ID and proof of residence that you reside in our boundaries. If you have any questions, please contact the office at 348-2400.