Welcome to Ann K. Heiman!
A message from our principal February 12, 2018
Please look for the latest Husky Newsletter on our school website in the family tab under newsletter. There you will find lots of important information that you will want to be aware of.
We want to send a HUGE thank you to everyone who participated in the chili cook-off this last week; the staff really enjoyed the wonderful chili and cookies that were provided by our families. We had a 3-way tie for our winners this year! Congratulations to LaVonna Elwood, Merci Birdwell and Kent Morrell. We will contact you soon to present you with your prize!
No school next Monday, February 19 enjoy the 3-day President’s Day weekend!
Coding club is taking a break for the next 2 weeks; they will NOT meet on Feb. 14, 16, 21 or 23. The club will start up again on February 28th. The last meeting for coding club will be March 9th.
Many of you have signed permission slips for your child to attend the after school program funded by community generated MLO funds. Remember the first day is this Tuesday, February 13! Students should go to the cafeteria right after school to get their snack and meet their teacher. The program ends at 4:45 PM which is when students will get on the bus or should be picked up. You will need to come into the front doors to sign your student out if you are picking them up.
We hope you as well as anyone you know who serves our community in any way are planning to attend our Spreading Kindness in our Community event this Wednesday, February 14 at 2:00 PM. There is no need to bring anything, just come and enjoy an afternoon of games and fun together. If you plan to come please be sure to park in the spaces of our parking lot or along the streets to the north. Please make sure to not park in the fire lane and bus loading lane in front of our school and also be courteous of our neighbors and be sure not to park within 5 feet of their driveways.
This Friday, February 16 is our 2nd annual Mother/Son dinner dance. Tickets were sold in advance, so if you have already purchased your tickets we look forward to seeing you this Friday at 6 PM in the cafeteria.
Our Spelling Bee for grades 3-5 will be on February 21st at 3:30 pm in the library. Any 3rd, 4th or 5th grade students can participate. The winner of our Spelling Bee will be eligible to compete at the state Bee in Denver on March 10th. You can get a grade specific list of words from your child's teacher, or access all grades at this link.
We also hope that you mark your calendar for February 22, we will again be participating in the international Digital Learning Day. We hope to make this year’s event even bigger than last year. We will have a simple breakfast for adults that morning at 7:30 AM and will have our classrooms open for visitors to observe all our students learning with the support of technology from 8- 9:00 AM that morning!
There is a special community event on Friday, February 23. Families are invited to attend dinner and a movie at Riverside Library in Evans starting at 5:30 PM. Buy your tickets at the Evans Recreation Center in advance for only $2 or $5 cash at the door the night of the event.
Welcome to Ann K. Heiman Elementary! We are so excited that you are a part of the Huskies!The pictures are in! - A huge thank you to Randy Owens (of Randy's Restaurant), Photographer and Bill Hall, Pilot for our aerial picture! We're so proud of our school, staff and students!
IMPORTANT SCHEDULE CHANGES FOR 2017-18The school day will be from 7:50 AM-3:10 PM Monday-Friday. Half-Day Kindergarten will be from 7:50 AM-11:05 AM Monday-FridayTHERE WILL NO LONGER BE EARLY RELEASE MONDAYS, ALL DAYS WILL HAVE THE SAME SCHEDULE.There will be 5 Mondays throughout the year when students will not come to school to allow teachers opportunities for professional development. Click here to view a copy of the 2017-18 student calendar for next year.
Parking Lot & Drop-Off/Pick-Up
- Parking lot is open only to buses and parents with handicapped parking passes all mornings 7:30-7:50 AM, and all afternoons 2:45-3:20 PM
- 1/2 day Kinder can pick up at the east end of the main parking lot from 11:05-11:45 AM Monday-Friday
- Busses will be loading and unloading in front of the building
- There is a drop-off/pick-lane on the west side of the building
- There is no parking on Palermo Ave between Milan St and Rialto Ave,
- In order to come into the parking lot during closed hours, listed above, vehicles will need a “Husky Pass” from the office.
- The best, and most easily accessible, parking will be north of Ann K. Heiman.
- When coming to Ann K. Heiman off 37th St, use Sienna Ave and come around to the north side of the school. (Please see white dotted line below)
- The pick-up/drop-off zone is for quick drop-off and pick-ups. THERE IS NO PARKING IN THIS LANE.
- The front doors of the school will not be a good “meeting place.” Please, find another location along the west side of the school.
- To be most efficient please come to school with a meet-up plan in place.
- If a vehicle is coming into the parking lot with a “Husky Pass,” please come straight in off Rialto Ave. (There will be no right or left hand turns during closed parking hours)
Last, but certainly not least, courtesy.
- Please do not park in front of our neighbors' driveways.
- Follow all speed limits.
- If you see a vehicle that is not following these guidelines, please report to Ann K. Heiman office staff or Evans Police department. Do not engage in conflict. Remember our children are watching.
Headlines & Features
District 6 Headlines
Greeley-Evans School District 6 and the Board of Education commits itself to a policy of nondiscrimination and shall not discriminate in its educational, employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Concern or complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person(s) have been identified as a compliance officer for District 6:
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
1025 9th Avenue Greeley, CO 80631
Phone: (970) 348-6000
Green Team Meeting DatesEvery Thursday3:15 - 4;:0 pm
Kindergarten RegistrationApril 2nd - April 26thKindergarten Open House - April 11th, 5 - 6 pmWe will be accepting Kindergarten enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year starting April 2nd. Please bring in child's birth certificate, immunization records, ID and proof of residence that you reside in our boundaries. If you have any questions, please contact the office at 348-2400.
No School for StudentsJanuary 15thFebruary 5thFebruary 19thSpring Break - March 12-16March 26thApril 27thApril 30th
Parent Group MeetingTuesday, January 16th, Library7:15 am - 8:00 am
Parent Teacher ConferencesMonday, Feb. 5th, 12:00 - 8:00pm
Thursday, Feb. 8th, 4:00 - 8:00 pmPlease make sure that you are signed up for a conference time
Office HoursMonday through Friday: 7:30 am - 3:30 pmSchool HoursFull Day Kinder and Grades 1-5 -- Monday through Friday: 7:50 am - 3:10 pm1/2 Day Kinder - 7:50 am - 11:05 amFirst Bell at 7:45 am, Trady Bell at 7:50 amBreakfast starting at 7:30 amAttendance Line:Please call 348-2466 by 8:30 am to excuse your child for their absence.
Spring BreakMarch 12 through March 16
School resumes on Monday, March 19thHave a great Break!