Welcome to Ann K. Heiman!
Welcome to Ann K. Heiman Elementary! We are so excited that you are a part of the Huskies!The pictures are in! - A huge thank you to Randy Owens (of Randy's Restaurant), Photographer and Bill Hall, Pilot for our aerial picture! We're so proud of our school, staff and students!
Message from our principal January 14, 2019
Please look for the latest Husky Newsletter on our school website in the family tab under newsletter. There you will find lots of important information that you will want to be aware of.
CONGRATULATIONS HEIMAN HUSKIES! Your hard work has paid off! Ann K. Heiman is now rated at the PERFORMANCE level on Colorado's school performance framework. That is the highest level at which a school can be rated!
Please remember that Monday, January 21 is Martin Luther King day and there is no school that day!
Our January 2019 newsletter is posted on the Heiman website. Here is the link newsletter.
Thank you for all your efforts to get your child to school by our start time at 7:45! Last week was so much better! Here’s just a couple of reminders. If your child is arriving at or after 7:50 AM he or she is late and needs to be brought into the office by an adult. Also, please remember that the front parking lot is for handicapped and bus only unless you have a Heiman parking pass. Students should enter the building through the cafeteria doors or the back playground doors in the morning.
Our first PTO group meeting of the year is Tuesday, January 15th from 7:15-8:00 AM in the library. Why not start off the new year by getting involved at school? All families are invited to attend. We will be planning for the installation of new playground equipment and discussing topics for upcoming parent events
Students had a kickoff assembly today for Jump Rope for Heart! Watch for more info in Thursday folder, there are prizes for all students, even if they don’t collect donations for the American Cancer Society, they can pledge to a healthy lifestyle and receive a glow in the dark wristband. Find out how to enroll online!. We will host our jump rope for heart event on February 8 and donations will be due Feb. 15.
What an AWESOME day! GO HUSKIES!!!
SCHOOL SCHEDULEThe school day will be from 7:50 AM-3:10 PM Monday-Friday. Half-Day Kindergarten will be from 7:50 AM-11:05 AM Monday-FridayTHERE WILL NO LONGER BE EARLY RELEASE MONDAYS, ALL DAYS WILL HAVE THE SAME SCHEDULE.There will be 5 Mondays throughout the year when students will not come to school to allow teachers opportunities for professional development. Click here to view a copy of the 2018-2019 student calendar for next year.
Parking Lot & Drop-Off/Pick-Up
- Parking lot is open only to buses and parents with handicapped parking passes all mornings 7:30-7:50 AM, and all afternoons 2:45-3:20 PM
- 1/2 day Kinder can pick up at the east end of the main parking lot from 11:05-11:45 AM Monday-Friday
- Busses will be loading and unloading in front of the building
- There is a drop-off/pick-lane on the west side of the building
- There is no parking on Palermo Ave between Milan St and Rialto Ave,
- In order to come into the parking lot during closed hours, listed above, vehicles will need a “Husky Pass” from the office.
- The best, and most easily accessible, parking will be north of Ann K. Heiman.
- When coming to Ann K. Heiman off 37th St, use Sienna Ave and come around to the north side of the school. (Please see white dotted line below)
- The pick-up/drop-off zone is for quick drop-off and pick-ups. THERE IS NO PARKING IN THIS LANE.
- The front doors of the school will not be a good “meeting place.” Please, find another location along the west side of the school.
- To be most efficient please come to school with a meet-up plan in place.
- If a vehicle is coming into the parking lot with a “Husky Pass,” please come straight in off Rialto Ave. (There will be no right or left hand turns during closed parking hours)
Last, but certainly not least, courtesy.
- Please do not park in front of our neighbors' driveways.
- Follow all speed limits.
- If you see a vehicle that is not following these guidelines, please report to Ann K. Heiman office staff or Evans Police department. Do not engage in conflict. Remember our children are watching.
District 6 Headlines
The Success Foundation funds grants for innovative projects that fuel student achievement. Teachers have until January 31 to apply for a grant.
Our classified team members in Greeley-Evans School District 6 are the heart and soul of our work with students and the community. We value and appreciate the work that is done every day to increase student achievement across the district. If you are a District 6 employee, we encourage you to vote for this year's "Outstanding Classified Employee" of the year!
Greeley-Evans School District 6 is seeking residents of Greeley and Evans to serve on a Facility Master Planning Team that will be reviewing assessments of existing facilities and looking at future needs to accommodate growth in the student population.
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, Weld County School District 6, Greeley, Colorado, does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person(s) have been identified as the compliance officer for the district employees and members of the public.
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
1025 Ninth Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631
Complaints regarding violations of Title VI (race, national origin), Title IX (sex/gender), Section 504/ADA (handicap or disability), may be filed directly with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, Colorado, 80204. Complaints regarding violations of Title VII (employment) and the ADEA (prohibiting age discrimination in employment) may be filed directly with the Federal Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 303 E. 17th Avenue, Suite 510, Denver, Colorado, 80202, or the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1050, Denver, Colorado, 80202.
No School for StudentsMonday, January 7thMonday, January 21stMonday, February 4thMonday, February 21stSpring Break, March 11th - 15thMonday, March 25th
Spring Parent Teacher ConferencesMonday, Feb. 4th, 12:00 - 8:00pm
Thursday, Feb. 7th, 4:00 - 8:00 pmPlease make sure that you are signed up for a conference time with your child's teacher
Office HoursMonday through Friday: 7:30 am - 3:30 pmSchool HoursFull Day Kinder and Grades 1-5 -- Monday through Friday: 7:50 am - 3:10 pm1/2 Day Kinder - 7:50 am - 11:05 amFirst Bell at 7:45 am, Tardy Bell at 7:50 amBreakfast starting at 7:30 amAttendance Line:Please call 348-2466 by 8:30 am to excuse your child for their absence.
Winter BreakDec. 21, 2018 through January 7, 2019
School resumes on Tuesday, January 8, 2019Have a great Break!