Dos Rios Elementary School Strategic Plan
Vision: Shared Learning, Shared Responsibility, Shared Success
Buffaloes Take CHARGE:
Courage, Honesty, Action, Respect, Growth, Empathy
The Dos Rios staff, parents, and community are committed to empowering and encouraging students to become successful life-long learners and leaders in an ever-changing world. We will work together to create challenging and developmentally appropriate learning experiences that emphasize intellectual rigor and high academic standards. Personal integrity and democratic valuses will be fostered in our students to prepare them to become balanced, responsible, reflective and globally-conscious citizens.
Major Improvement Strategy #1, Quality First Instruction
Quality Tier I Instruction Aligned to Colorado Academic Standards and International Baccalaureate Standards and Practices.
Description: Using a data-informed approach, centered around International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme practices, our teachers will use quality first-instruction practices to support mathematics and literacy.
- Grade-Level Expectations: 100% of students will receive grade-level core instruction with appropriate scaffolds in the most inclusive environment, informed by an inquiry-based, constructivist pedagogy.
- Data Team Process: 100% of homeroom classroom teachers will participate in the weekly Instructional Data Team (IDT) process and implement our IDT Success Criteria to support Data Driven Instruction.
- Math Growth and Proficiency: 100% of students demonstrate growth as measured by district benchmark assessments; 85% of students will master the standard identified in the IDT as measured by weekly exit tickets and unit assessments.
- Literacy Growth and Proficiency: 100% of students demonstrate growth as measured by district benchmark assessments; 85% of students will master the standard identified in the IDT as measured by district common assessments.
- Observation Feedback: 100% of instructional staff will receive personalized instructional support from building administration using Observation/Feedback loops and coaching cycles, as measured by our Observation/Feedback and Coaching tracking tool.
Major Improvement Strategy #2, Expressive Academic Language
Support student acquisition and use of expressive academic language, focusing on speaking and writing.
Description: Through the Teaching and Learning Cycle and Universal Design Learning and AVID strategies, our teachers will implement high-leverage practices with scaffolds and differentiation to support academic discourse and writing.
- English Learner Language Growth: 100% of students with EL plans will grow one level or more in the areas of speaking and writing as measured by WIDA ACCESS.
- Academic Discourse: By May 2022, 100% of students will consistently engage in Higher Order Thinking skills that support academic discourse at least 60% of the time as measured by trimesterly Learning Walks support visits, using classroom observations supported by inter-rater reliability.
- RACES Writing: By May 2022, 85% of students in grades K-5 will perform at Score Point 3 or above, demonstrating strong content writing supported by an organized writing structure and relevant textual evidence and explanation.
- WestEd and AVID Strategies: By May 2022, 100% of instructional staff will implement a consistent set of evidence-based, non-negotiable instruction practices and strategies that support expressive academic language.
Major Improvement Strategy #3, Climate and Culture
Through seeking equity and access, continually refine and sustain a positive climate and culture within the school community that develops agentic students and adults.
Description: Maintaining a positive climate and culture for students and adults through an examination of inherent biases, focus on equitable practices, leveraging family and community partnerships, and maintaining high expectations for all students and adults.
- Procedures and Routines: By October 2021, 100% of classrooms will implement common hallway, classroom, cafeteria, and playground expectations for CHARGE ( Courage, Honesty, Action, Respect, Growth, and Empathy), will implement AVID's SLANT active listening strategies.
- Student Culture: By Spring 2022, students will score at 80% or higher on specific sections of the Panorama Student Survey related to teacher understanding and Social Emotional Learning supports.
- Student Culture: Students will meet weekly Average Daily Attendance rates of 95% or above, and monthly behavior infractions, including office referrals and suspensions, will be reduced by 50% as measured by year-over-year data comparisons.
- Staff Culture: By Spring 2022, 80% of instructional staff will respond to the Panorama Staff Survey, and instructional staff will collectively score at 80% or higher on specific sections of the Panorama Staff Survey related to support by school leadership.
- Staff Culture: Staff will meet monthly Average Daily Attendance rates of 90% or above, and monthly staff absence fulfillment rates will meet or exceed 85%.
- Family Engagement: By Spring 2022, a minimum of 25% of families will respond to the Panorama Parent Survey, and families will collectively score at 80% or higher on specific questions from the Panorama Parent Survey.