At The Academy, we believe in applying technology to all areas of the student experience. Tomorrow’s leaders must be “digital natives” – using varied tools and devices to excel in their profession. We are implementing an innovative approach called “blended learning”. This method uses specific computer software to help a portion of the class practice at individual levels while the teacher works with other students in 1-on-1 and/or small group formats.
Committed to a Holistic Education:
We give routine instruction and support of social-emotional skills in all grades in addition to providing numerous courses and extracurricular opportunities to round out the student experience.
- K-3 Specials: Art, Music, P.E., Science, Computer
- 4-5 Specials: Art, Music, P.E., Science/Technology
- 6-8 Elective Courses: Computer Programming, 2-Dimensional Art, 3-Dimensional Art, Sport/Fitness P.E., Instrumental Music, Digital Music Studio, Lifetime and Leisure.
- “21st Century” After School Program: Available to selected students in grades K-8. The program is focused on academic support, wellness, and athletics.
- 6-8 Athletics: Volleyball, Tackle Football, Cross Country, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Wrestling, Track and Field, Soccer
- Dream Team: Coordinated program that helps grade 6-12 students prepare for college, apply for college, and earn scholarship funding to pay for college.