Welcome to Ann K. Heiman!
A message from our principal November 13, 2017
Please look for the latest Husky Newsletter on our school website in the family tab under newsletter or with this link https://goo.gl/U5vtM7. There you will find lots of important information that you will want to be aware of.
Its spirit week at Heiman; Monday is mythical creature day, Tuesday is mismatch day! Wednesday is doughnut day and doughnuts will be for sale for $0.50. Thursday is dress like a teacher day and Friday is Husky pride day, wear your school colors. Participate and have some fun this week!
Tuesday November 14 is our monthly parent group and volunteer meeting in the library at 7:15 AM. We will have breakfast bread and drinks; all families are invited to participate!
Exciting news Heiman Huskies--our new after school coding club turned out to be very popular! In order to provide the best experience possible for everyone who turned in their permission slips, we have decided to split the group by grade level. 4th and 5th grade will continue to meet on Wednesdays and 3rd grade will meet on Fridays after school, same time 3:20-4:00 PM starting this Friday, November 17. Remember families do need to provide transportation for the participants to be picked up at 4:00!
First trimester report cards will be coming home with your child this week. Please take time to review them with your child and contact your child’s teacher with any questions, concerns or celebrations!
Family movie night is Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. If you are interested in pre-ordering pizza for that evening please do so by this Thursday, it will be sold in advance for $1 a slice. Students voted last week and chose the Emoji Movie.
Congratulations to students in Mrs. Shannon, Ms. Olsen and Mrs. Garner’s classes for being the top 3 Box Top collections for this month. Keep saving those box tops, our next collection date is January 12. Our school receives $0.10 for every box top we turn in!
The window for open enrollment requests for the 2018-19 school year began November 1, 2017 and closes at the end of the school day on Tuesday, December 19, 2017. The open enrollment application form is available on the district website at www.greeleyschools.org under the “parents” tab. We are requesting that all families use the online application process. Students who are presently attending a school under open enrollment or transfer will automatically be enrolled it the school they are presently attending. For more information about open enrollment, please consult the district website or call 348-6265.
The District 6 2018-19 Open Enrollment Application is an online form found here:
Welcome to Ann K. Heiman Elementary! We are so excited that you are a part of the Huskies!The pictures are in! - A huge thank you to Randy Owens (of Randy's Restaurant), Photographer and Bill Hall, Pilot for our aerial picture! We're so proud of our school, staff and students!
IMPORTANT SCHEDULE CHANGES FOR 2017-18The school day will be from 7:50 AM-3:10 PM Monday-Friday. Half-Day Kindergarten will be from 7:50 AM-11:05 AM Monday-FridayTHERE WILL NO LONGER BE EARLY RELEASE MONDAYS, ALL DAYS WILL HAVE THE SAME SCHEDULE.There will be 5 Mondays throughout the year when students will not come to school to allow teachers opportunities for professional development. Click here to view a copy of the 2017-18 student calendar for next year.
Parking Lot & Drop-Off/Pick-Up
- Parking lot is open only to buses and parents with handicapped parking passes all mornings 7:30-7:50 AM, and all afternoons 2:45-3:20 PM
- 1/2 day Kinder can pick up at the east end of the main parking lot from 11:05-11:45 AM Monday-Friday
- Busses will be loading and unloading in front of the building
- There is a drop-off/pick-lane on the west side of the building
- There is no parking on Palermo Ave between Milan St and Rialto Ave,
- In order to come into the parking lot during closed hours, listed above, vehicles will need a “Husky Pass” from the office.
- The best, and most easily accessible, parking will be north of Ann K. Heiman.
- When coming to Ann K. Heiman off 37th St, use Sienna Ave and come around to the north side of the school. (Please see white dotted line below)
- The pick-up/drop-off zone is for quick drop-off and pick-ups. THERE IS NO PARKING IN THIS LANE.
- The front doors of the school will not be a good “meeting place.” Please, find another location along the west side of the school.
- To be most efficient please come to school with a meet-up plan in place.
- If a vehicle is coming into the parking lot with a “Husky Pass,” please come straight in off Rialto Ave. (There will be no right or left hand turns during closed parking hours)
Last, but certainly not least, courtesy.
- Please do not park in front of our neighbors' driveways.
- Follow all speed limits.
- If you see a vehicle that is not following these guidelines, please report to Ann K. Heiman office staff or Evans Police department. Do not engage in conflict. Remember our children are watching.
Headlines & Features
Greeley-Evans School District 6 and the Board of Education commits itself to a policy of nondiscrimination and shall not discriminate in its educational, employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Concern or complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person(s) have been identified as a compliance officer for District 6:
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
1025 9th Avenue Greeley, CO 80631
Phone: (970) 348-6000
Green Team Meeting DatesEvery Thursday3:15 - 4;:0 pm
No School for StudentsNov. 22, 23 and 24Dec. 4thWinter Break: Dec. 20th - Jan. 3rd
Open Enrollment WindowSchool Year 2018-2019Starts Monday, November 6th and closes Tuesday, Dec. 19thAll applications submitted on linewww.greeleyschools.orgClick Famlies, then Click Open Enrollment
Parent Group MeetingTuesday, Dec. 12th, Library7:15 am - 8:00 am
Office HoursMonday through Friday: 7:30 am - 3:30 pmSchool HoursFull Day Kinder and Grades 1-5 -- Monday through Friday: 7:50 am - 3:10 pm1/2 Day Kinder - 7:50 am - 11:05 amFirst Bell at 7:45 am, Trady Bell at 7:50 amBreakfast starting at 7:30 amAttendance Line:Please call 348-2466 by 8:30 am to excuse your child for their absence.