Welcome to Ann K. Heiman!
Welcome to Ann K. Heiman Elementary! We are so excited that you are a part of the Huskies!The pictures are in! - A huge thank you to Randy Owens (of Randy's Restaurant), Photographer and Bill Hall, Pilot for our aerial picture! We're so proud of our school, staff and students!
CONGRATULATIONS HEIMAN HUSKIES! Your hard work has paid off! 2 years in a row with a PERFORMANCE rating on Colorado's school performance framework. That is the highest level at which a school can be rated!
HUSKIES HAVE SPIRIT!!!
- Congratulations on winning the award for
- "Best Mob of People" at the Evans Heritage Day parade!
Message from the principal-September 23, 2019
We are looking forward to parent teacher conferences next week! They will take place on September 30 from 12-8PM and October 3 from 3:30-7:30PM. If you haven’t received an invitation for your scheduled time from your child’s teacher please make sure to contact the teacher. There is no school on Monday, September 30 due to conferences.
Civic engagement and participation in our communities is essential to the success of our students and our schools. That is why we encourage all of you to make sure you are registered to vote in the November 5, 2019 election. There are several vacancies in local elected boards, including the District 6 Board of Education, as well as important ballot issues that directly impact our school district.
If you are not registered to vote, or your have moved to a different home since the last election, please visit www.GoVoteColorado.com and register to vote or update your voter registration. It just takes a few minutes and will give you a voice in the upcoming election results.
This is an all-mail in election.
To receive your ballot by mail:
- Register to vote or update your voter registration online at www.GoVoteColorado.com through the October 26 before Election Day;
- Submit an application through the mail, at a voter registration agency, or at a local driver's license examination facility through October 26 before Election Day.
The fresh fruit and vegetable afternoon snack menu this week will be grapes, apples, peaches and snap peas.
Attendance and arriving on time to school is very important. Our attendance goal is to be above 96%, last week we had 94% attendance. If you are wondering if you should consider keeping your child home from school, please visit our district’s health services page, https://www.greeleyschools.org/Page/13266, and see the list called “Exclusion from School”. Also remember that school starts at 7:45 AM, any student arriving after 7:50 AM is considered tardy and needs to be brought to the office by an adult to check in.
SCHOOL SCHEDULEThe school day will be from 7:50 AM-3:10 PM Monday-Friday.THERE WILL NO LONGER BE EARLY RELEASE MONDAYS, ALL DAYS WILL HAVE THE SAME SCHEDULE.There will be 5 Mondays throughout the year when students will not come to school to allow teachers opportunities for professional development. click here to view a copy of the 2019-2020 student calendar for next year.
Parking Lot & Drop-Off/Pick-Up
- Parking lot is open only to buses and parents with handicapped parking passes all mornings 7:30-7:50 AM, and all afternoons 2:45-3:20 PM
- Busses will be loading and unloading in front of the building
- There is a drop-off/pick-lane on the west side of the building
- There is no parking on Palermo Ave between Milan St and Rialto Ave,
- In order to come into the parking lot during closed hours, listed above, vehicles will need a “Husky Pass” from the office.
- The best, and most easily accessible, parking will be north of Ann K. Heiman.
- When coming to Ann K. Heiman off 37th St, use Sienna Ave and come around to the north side of the school. (Please see white dotted line below)
- The pick-up/drop-off zone is for quick drop-off and pick-ups. THERE IS NO PARKING IN THIS LANE.
- The front doors of the school will not be a good “meeting place.” Please, find another location along the west side of the school.
- To be most efficient please come to school with a meet-up plan in place.
- If a vehicle is coming into the parking lot with a “Husky Pass,” please come straight in off Rialto Ave. (There will be no right or left hand turns during closed parking hours)
Last, but certainly not least, courtesy.
- Please do not park in front of our neighbors' driveways.
- Follow all speed limits.
- If you see a vehicle that is not following these guidelines, please report to Ann K. Heiman office staff or Evans Police department. Do not engage in conflict. Remember our children are watching.
District 6 Headlines
Machin Norris, a STEM Integration teacher at Northridge High School and former science teacher at Franklin Middle School, is a finalist for the Colorado Teacher of the Year.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 will host two informational VIP Tours highlighting schools that will be replaced or have significant repairs and renovations if the 2019 Bond Issue 4C passes in November. The tours will be from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. September 26 and October 3.
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, Weld County School District 6, Greeley, Colorado, does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Greeley-Evans School District 6 will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. The following person(s) have been identified as the compliance officer for the district employees and members of the public.
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
1025 Ninth Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631
Complaints regarding violations of Title VI (race, national origin), Title IX (sex/gender), Section 504/ADA (handicap or disability), may be filed directly with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, Colorado, 80204. Complaints regarding violations of Title VII (employment) and the ADEA (prohibiting age discrimination in employment) may be filed directly with the Federal Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 303 E. 17th Avenue, Suite 510, Denver, Colorado, 80202, or the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1050, Denver, Colorado, 80202.
Parent Group MeetingSept. 10thOct. 8thNov. 12thDec. 10thHeld in the Library, 5:30 - 6:30
Fall Parent Teacher ConferencesMonday, Sept. 30th, 12:00 - 8:00pm
Thursday, Oct. 3rd, 4:00 - 8:00 pmPlease make sure that you are signed up for a conference time with your child's teacher
Office HoursMonday through Friday: 7:30 am - 3:30 pmSchool HoursFull Day Kinder and Grades 1-5 -- Monday through Friday: 7:45 am - 3:10 pmFirst Bell at 7:40 am, Tardy Bell at 7:50 amWest doors open at 7:35 amBreakfast starting at 7:30 amAttendance Line:Please call 348-2466 by 8:30 am to excuse your child for their absence.