Welcome to Ann K. Heiman!
Welcome to Ann K. Heiman Elementary! We are so excited that you are a part of the Huskies!The pictures are in! - A huge thank you to Randy Owens (of Randy's Restaurant), Photographer and Bill Hall, Pilot for our aerial picture! We're so proud of our school, staff and students!
CONGRATULATIONS HEIMAN HUSKIES! Your hard work has paid off! Ann K. Heiman is now rated at the PERFORMANCE level on Colorado's school performance framework. That is the highest level at which a school can be rated!
Please help your child remember that there is NO RECESS before school. All students who arrive prior to the doors opening at 7:35 AM need to line up by the recess doors or go into the cafeteria at 7:30 for breakfast. This is very important for student safety since there is no adult supervision until 7:35 AM; students should not arrive prior to that time. Thank you for helping keep students safe.
Incoming kindergarten students must be five years old by October 1, 2019, in order to register for the 2019-2020 school year. To register online, visit www.greeleyschools.org/Admissions. For assistance with this registration process, or to find out the schools in your attendance area, please call (970) 348-6062.
Parents who sought to open-enroll their students in a school outside their attendance area, and who received a letter of acceptance from that school, should register with the school in which they successfully open enrolled.
To register for school, parents should have available:
- a birth certificate or its equivalent for the student
- up-to-date immunization records for the student
- proof of address (recent utility bill, lease agreement, or something similar)
What an AWESOME day! GO HUSKIES!!!
SCHOOL SCHEDULEThe school day will be from 7:50 AM-3:10 PM Monday-Friday. Half-Day Kindergarten will be from 7:50 AM-11:05 AM Monday-FridayTHERE WILL NO LONGER BE EARLY RELEASE MONDAYS, ALL DAYS WILL HAVE THE SAME SCHEDULE.There will be 5 Mondays throughout the year when students will not come to school to allow teachers opportunities for professional development. Click here to view a copy of the 2018-2019 student calendar for next year.
Parking Lot & Drop-Off/Pick-Up
- Parking lot is open only to buses and parents with handicapped parking passes all mornings 7:30-7:50 AM, and all afternoons 2:45-3:20 PM
- 1/2 day Kinder can pick up at the east end of the main parking lot from 11:05-11:45 AM Monday-Friday
- Busses will be loading and unloading in front of the building
- There is a drop-off/pick-lane on the west side of the building
- There is no parking on Palermo Ave between Milan St and Rialto Ave,
- In order to come into the parking lot during closed hours, listed above, vehicles will need a “Husky Pass” from the office.
- The best, and most easily accessible, parking will be north of Ann K. Heiman.
- When coming to Ann K. Heiman off 37th St, use Sienna Ave and come around to the north side of the school. (Please see white dotted line below)
- The pick-up/drop-off zone is for quick drop-off and pick-ups. THERE IS NO PARKING IN THIS LANE.
- The front doors of the school will not be a good “meeting place.” Please, find another location along the west side of the school.
- To be most efficient please come to school with a meet-up plan in place.
- If a vehicle is coming into the parking lot with a “Husky Pass,” please come straight in off Rialto Ave. (There will be no right or left hand turns during closed parking hours)
Last, but certainly not least, courtesy.
- Please do not park in front of our neighbors' driveways.
- Follow all speed limits.
- If you see a vehicle that is not following these guidelines, please report to Ann K. Heiman office staff or Evans Police department. Do not engage in conflict. Remember our children are watching.
District 6 Headlines
Billie Martinez Elementary School was recognized as a PBL Champion School by the Buck Institute for Education at its PBL World conference in Napa Valley, California on June 20. Billie Martinez Elementary was the only school in the nation to receive this award.
Twenty-nine Greeley-Evans School District 6 volunteers have qualified to receive the President’s Volunteer Service Award for the hours they have logged this year working in schools and at other school district sites. The President’s Volunteer Service Award recognizes United States citizens and residents who volunteer in their communities to make a difference in six areas of focus, one of which is education.
Heiman Elementary gymnasium named for beloved PE Teacher Mr. O. The O-Zone will always be a place for Fun, Learning, and Enjoyment.
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, Weld County School District 6, Greeley, Colorado, does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Greeley-Evans School District 6 will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. The following person(s) have been identified as the compliance officer for the district employees and members of the public.
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources
1025 Ninth Avenue
Greeley, CO 80631
Complaints regarding violations of Title VI (race, national origin), Title IX (sex/gender), Section 504/ADA (handicap or disability), may be filed directly with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, Colorado, 80204. Complaints regarding violations of Title VII (employment) and the ADEA (prohibiting age discrimination in employment) may be filed directly with the Federal Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 303 E. 17th Avenue, Suite 510, Denver, Colorado, 80202, or the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1050, Denver, Colorado, 80202.