One of the many post-secondary career options for students is to join the armed forces. The U.S. military has five branches: Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and the Navy.
Despite the obvious risks of joining the military, it also offers many substantial benefits; career training, steady income, health care and tuition assistance.
Basic requirements to join:
1. You must be a US Citizen or a resident alien
2. Must be at least 17 years old (17 year old applicants must have parental consent)
3. You must have a high school diploma
4. You must pass a physical medical exam
5. You must pass the ASVAB test (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) ASVAB Info
Army National Guard 1-800-GO-GUARD
Air Force 1-800-423-USAF
Marine Corps 1-800-MARINES
Coast Guard 1-800-424-8883