District 6 hosts eighth annual Citizens Academy
Greeley-Evans School District 6 is now accepting applications for its eighth annual Citizens Academy beginning October 2, a program that gives residents the opportunity for an up-close look at the 14th largest school district in Colorado. To register for the Citizens Academy, click here and fill out this brief application.
The Citizens Academy will be held on a Monday each month during the 2017-18 school year, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., at various schools and sites throughout the district. Participants will get to tour facilities, visit classrooms, meet staff and learn about the various aspects of the district. Topics covered include district finances and budgeting, curriculum and instruction, school safety and discipline, programs such as Career Pathways and blended learning, classroom management, safety and security, athletics and extracurricular activities, transportation services, student nutrition and wellness, facility maintenance and much more.
Most importantly, residents will get the chance to have their questions answered directly by those involved in educating and offering services to more than 21,000 students in District 6.
Here is the full schedule of meetings:
- Monday, October 2 - District 6 Administration Building, 1025 9th Av, Greeley
- Monday, November 6 - Jackson Elementary School, 2002 25th, Greeley
- Monday, December 11 - Fred Tjardes School of Innovation, 14717 6th, Greeley
- Monday, February 12 - Franklin Middle School, 818 35th, Greeley
- Monday, March 5 - Northridge High School, 100 71st, Greeley
- Monday, April 2 - Transportation Office, 155 East 27th, Greeley
- Monday, May 7 - District 6 Service Center, 2508 4th, Greeley
There is no cost to attend the Citizens Academy, and participants will receive lunch during the meetings. The class size will be small in order to allow the opportunity for in-depth conversations.
Or to find out more information, please contact Communications Director Theresa Myers at 348-6003 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Enrollment is limited, so please register by Monday, September 25.