ABUSE and Violence
WHAT IS IT?
Child abuse and neglect definition, according to Federal Law: "any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation"; or "An act or failure to act which presents an imminent risk of serious harm."
- Different types of abuse: dating, domestic, child
LINKS FOR RESOURCES:
- Weld County Department of Human Services: Report Abuse or Neglect
Dating violence article: tips for educators
DISTRICT SPECIFIC PROGRAMS/CURRICULUM
High Schools: Speak up through SAVA, SART: Sexual Assault Resource Team
- If you feel that someone is in immediate danger, call 911
- All school employees are mandated by Colorado State Statute to report suspected child abuse and neglect.
- The Colorado Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline: 1-844-CO-4-KIDS (1-844-264-5437): report suspected child abuse and neglect 24/7, 365 days a year