MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS
WHAT IS IT?
"A mental illness is a condition that affects a person's thinking, feeling or mood. Such conditions may affect someone's ability to relate to others and function each day. Each person will have different experiences, even people with the same diagnosis." - National Alliance on Mental Illness
LINKS FOR RESOURCES:
www.MENTALHEALTH.GOV: information for educators, plus learn about what to look for...
- Anxiety Disorders
- Behavioral Disorders, such as Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders
- Mood Disorders, such as depression, bipolar disorder, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), and self-harm
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders, such as schizophrenia
- Trauma and Stress Related Disorders, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): get facts on common conditions such as those related to anxiety, attention ADHD, depression, schizophrenia, and trauma.
Colorado School Safety Resource Center: includes fact sheets on many disorders