Certified Substitutes Only (Guest Teachers)
*Certified substitutes can sub in classified positions. They do not need any extra certification.
In order to become a Guest Teacher, you MUST complete the following steps:
Once all items above have been completed, Human Resources will contact you for your onboarding. This includes proof of authorization from CDE, you I-9 Form and acceptable documents, PERA form, and your badge photo.
- Submit an application through Frontline
- If you have a teacher's license from the Colorado Department of Education (CDE), you do not need a Substitute Authorization. Please proceed to #6. If not, please proceed with instructions
- Before you start your application with CDE, you will need to be fingerprinted. Click on this link for NEW fingerprint requirements: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/fingerprints
- Requirements for CDE Substitute authorizations:
- 1-year: school district verification of high school diploma or higher degree and experience working with children
- 3-year: bachelor’s or higher degree from a regionally accredited college/university
- 5-year: valid or expired Colorado teacher license or valid out-of-state teacher license
- If you are a "Retired Teacher" with a Professional Teachers license and would like to renew, you have the option to renew for another Professional License (6 semester hours renewal credit required) or a 5 Year Substitute Authorization (Does not require credits to update).
Certified Substitutes (Updated rates are effective as of 7/1/2019)
Position Full Day Rate Half Day Rate Teacher $130.00 $65.00 Modules Completed (Foundations of Literacy Training Only) $140.00 $70.00 Retiree $140.00 $70.00 Long Term $220.00 $110.00 Nurse $80.00 $41.50Guest teachers (substitutes) are not paid extra for covering additional classes during the course of the regularly scheduled day or extra duties, such as morning/afternoon/lunch. Covering classes during an open or planning period is part of the Guest teacher's (substitute's) job duties.