Certified Substitutes Only (Guest Teachers)
*Certified substitutes can sub in classified positions. They do not need any extra certification.
In order to become a Guest Teacher, you MUST complete the following steps:
Once all items above have been completed, Human Resources will contact you for your onboarding. This includes proof of authorization from CDE, you I-9 Form and acceptable documents, PERA form, and your badge photo.
- Submit an application through Frontline
- If you have a teacher's license from the Colorado Department of Education (CDE), you do not need a Substitute Authorization. Please proceed to #6. If not, please proceed with instructions
- Before you start your application with CDE, you will need to be fingerprinted. Click on this link for NEW fingerprint requirements: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/fingerprints
- Requirements for CDE Substitute authorizations:
- 1-year: school district verification of high school diploma or higher degree and experience working with children
- 3-year: bachelor’s or higher degree from a regionally accredited college/university
- 5-year: valid or expired Colorado teacher license or valid out-of-state teacher license
- If you are a "Retired Teacher" with a Professional Teachers license and would like to renew, you have the option to renew for another Professional License (6 semester hours renewal credit required) or a 5 Year Substitute Authorization (Does not require credits to update).
Position Full Day Rate Half Day Rate Teacher $160.00 $80.00 READ Act Literacy Training - Modules completed* $170.00* $85.00* Retiree $170.00 $85.00 Long Term $230.00 $115.00 Long Term - Module/Retiree* $240.00* $120.00**Must submit CDE license with READ Act denotation directly to HR for pay increase.Guest teachers (substitutes) are not paid extra for covering additional classes during the course of the regularly scheduled day or extra duties, such as morning/afternoon/lunch. Covering classes during an open or planning period is part of the Guest teacher's (substitute's) job duties.