Financial Aid & Scholarships
Need-Based Financial Aid
In order to apply for need-based financial aid (grants, loans, work-study, etc.), students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aaid (FAFSA) each year. The FAFSA opens on October 1 and students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible.
FAFSA: FSA ID
- Before you fill out the FAFSA, you and your parent must create an FSA ID!
- The FSA ID gives you access to the Federal Student Aid's online system and will serve as your legal signature during the application process.
- Create an ID with your own personal information and for your own exclusive use HERE.
Completing the FAFSA
- The FAFSA determines a student's eligibility for need-based federal financial aid for college, which may include grants, scholarships, work-study and loans.
- Completely free to apply!
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with your parent/guardian.
- The FAFSA application opens October 1st!
- Go to FAFSA.ED.GOV to apply.
- Will need previous year's federal income tax info (parent and student, if filed).
- Must apply every year.