Admissions Requirements

  • Age Requirements: A child may enroll in school if he/she is:

    • Preschool: three (3) or four (4) years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment
    • Kindergarten: five (5) years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment
    • First Grade: six (6) years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment


    Documentation Requirements: To register for school, parent/guardian must present:

    • Student's Birth Certificate or other proof of birth listing parent(s)
    • Guardianship Paperwork (if not on birth certificate): Court Order, Power of Attorney, adoption paperwork, etc.
    • Proof of Residency: utility bill (electric, gas, water, etc.), mortgage statement, rent receipt, signed lease, property tax statement, etc. dated in the past 60 days in parent/guardian name (see below for more information)
    • Up-to-date Immunization Records: Colorado state law requires current immunization records on file before the student can begin attending school (see Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment School Required Vaccines)
    • Most Recent Transcript (High School only)



    Acceptable Proof of Residency for Admissions: Provide one of the acceptable documents that clearly shows all three of the following:

         1 - Parent/Guardian Name (step-parent acceptable if included in the application)

         2 - Date of document - must be within the last 60 days

         3 - Full Address - must match application)


             Acceptable Documents:

      • Utility Bill - such as gas, electric, water, cable or internet
      • Mortgage Statement
      • Lease Agreement - including dates of lease and signatures
      • Letter from a Government Agency (School district notifications are not acceptable)

                  If you have purchased a home within the last 60 days:

      • Warranty Deed or other closing documents

                  If you are purchasing your home within the next 60 days:

      • Future Purchase Contract - Complete, signed contract with possession date and closing date


    If you are unable to provide one of the acceptable forms and you live with another family, please provide all of the following three items:

    1. Completed Co-Resident Form 
    2. Proof of residency document meeting the above requirements in the name of the homeowner/renter with whom you are living
    3. One of the following in the parent/guardian name:
      • Pay stub from place of employment (dated within the last 60 days)
      • USPS mailed Change of Address Confirmation (dated within the last 60 days)


    If you are living in a shelter, motel/hotel, inadequate trailer or house, are staying temporarily with relatives or friends due to economic hardship or loss of housing, or are living in any other homeless situation:

    • Contact Marycela Hernandez at 970-348-4718 to apply to the McKinney-Vento program. Proof of Residency may be waived if applicable. 


      Greeley-Evans School District 6 Admissions
    924 11th St., Greeley, CO 80631 
    (970) 348-6062



    Greeley-Evans School District 6 holds data privacy and security in high regard and takes action to ensure that our students’ data is handled securely in compliance with the Colorado Student Data Transparency and Security Act (HB 16-1423) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).