Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I find out which school my child will attend?
The School Boundary Search will tell you which boundary schools your child(ren) are assigned to based on your primary address. Call D6 Admissions Office at (970) 348-6062 for further questions.
2. I would like my child to attend a school other than their neighborhood school, what do I do?
Students may attend any school in Greeley-Evans by completing an Open Enrollment Application. The open enrollment application window runs each year from November 1st through the last school day in December for the following school year. Schools may also accept applications on a space-available basis through the summer through the first month of the school year. More information and application links are available on the Open Enrollment page.
3. When can my child enter kindergarten? Is there a special time to register my child for kindergarten? Does Greeley-Evans offer full-day or half-day kindergarten?
Greeley-Evans offers free, full day kindergarten. All children entering Kindergarten must be five (5) on or before October 1 of that school year. Kindergarten Registration takes place throughout April at each elementary/K-8 school.
4. How do I register my child for preschool?
Information on Preschool and Child Find programs is available on the District 6 Preschool page. Students must be three (3) on or before October 1 of the school year entering preschool.
5. What immunizations does my child need upon entering school? What if my student has not had immunizations?
Colorado state law requires all students to have certain immunizations before attending public schools. Our Immunizations page explains which immunizations your student needs and when.
6. We just moved and my child’s birth certificate isn’t unpacked. Can I bring some other document as evidence of my child’s date of birth?
A current passport or military ID may be used in place of a birth certificate to verify your child’s date of birth. For more info, contact the Admissions Office at 970-348-6062 or Admissions@greeleyschools.org.
7. Due to a crisis economic condition, our family finds themselves temporarily displaced or not permanently housed. What assistance does the school district offer?
Visit the Family Center page for assistance with enrollment and other services.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 Admissions
1025 9th Ave, Greeley, CO
STUDENT DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY ACT
Greeley-Evans School District 6 holds data privacy and security in high regard and takes action to ensure that our students’ data is handled securely in compliance with the Colorado Student Data Transparency and Security Act (HB 16-1423) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).