Bengal Remote Learning Expectations
Attend all classes on time and stay for the entire period. You need to be logged into your class by the designated start time.
- 1st Class: 8:30-10:30
- 2nd Class: 10:33-12:03
- Lunch: 12:03-12:37
- 3rd Class: 12:37-2:07
- 4th Class: 2:10-3:40
- 1st Class: 8:30-10:10
- 2nd Class: 10:13-11:49
- Lunch 11:49-12:25
- 3rd Class 12:25-1:59
- 4th Class 2:02-3:40
Be seated at a functional work space with materials ready free of distractions.
- This can be a table or a desk, but not your bed or couch
- Your computer should be ready, you need your binder, notebooks, pens, pencils, and any other school resource materials (workbooks, novels, etc.)
- Don’t forget that your phone is considered a distraction
Turn your camera on facing you for class (your teacher and peers need to see your face)
- Teachers have to be able to monitor your work and engagement
Be prepared to contribute to class discussions
- Mute your microphone when you aren’t speaking
- Engage in active listening
- Be ready to share out when called on and to participate in collaboration
Follow the school dress code
- Get ready just like you would for school
Complete all assignments to the very best of your ability
- Grades matter, and you need to turn in all work on time
- We still are committed to learning and growing academically
Use school-appropriate language in all interactions
- This includes verbal conversations, chat, etc.
Remember you are on a school device
- This means we can search your account at any time, so please be making good choices
You will get built-in breaks
- Of course you can keep water and nutritious snacks closeby
- Teachers are planning to give you a few minutes to take a quick break in the middle of each class
Respond to check-ins from your Core 1 Teacher and other support staff
- Teachers will be checking in on you to see how you are doing academically and emotionally. We need you to respond to their emails and/or calls each week.
Bengal Remote Learning Supports
- You may email your counselor or use the counselor request link on the Brentwood webpage to request a meeting with your counselor. They are still here and eager to help you! (Luker: email@example.com; Shaw: firstname.lastname@example.org; Klein: email@example.com)
- Counselors will still be working with you in small groups.
- Safe2Tell: Anonymously report anything that concerns or threatens you, your friends, your family, or your community.They are open 24/7, 365 to take reports. Call 1-877-542-7233.
- If you have issues with your Chromebook or websites, visit the Brentwood webpage for tech tutorials or to submit a request for help. There will be a Google form for you to complete. If you still have questions, email Ms. Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Students will have access to meals. Families can either go to one of the designated bus stops or to one of the drive-up locations.
- You can find the bus stop map if you go to greeleyschools.org, click on departments, choose nutrition, and on the left-hand side, choose the Kids Eat Free link. All bags being handed out at bus stops will contain 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, & 1/2 gallon of milk. One bag per child.
- The drive-up locations are as follows (All bags being handed out at drive-up locations will contain 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, & a quart of milk. One bag per child.):
- Mondays: BELLA ROMERO K3 noon-1 pm
- Tuesdays: BELLA ROMERO 4-8 9-10 am and DOS RIOS 11:30 am-12:30 pm
- Wednesdays: CENTRAL HS 10-11 am, BELLA ROMERO K3 noon-1 pm, and NORTHRIDGE HS (with WELD FOOD BANK) 1-3 pm
- Thursdays: BELLA ROMERO 4-8 9-10 am
- Fridays: UNIVERSITY SCHOOLS (HS campus) 9-10 am and DOS RIOS 11:30 am-12:30
Meal distribution will not be available on days when students do not have school or a school is scheduled to be closed. We will not be offering meal distribution events 11/23-11/27 & 12/21-1/5.