CDE SUBSTITUTE BOOT CAMP
Participants will learn about their roles and responsibilities as a substitute teacher, including:
- Understanding and executing academic lesson plans
- Preparing lesson plans when lesson plans aren't available
- Classroom management
- Maintaining appropriate student records, including recording grades
- School policy and emergency response
Substitute Boot Camps are scheduled to be held via Zoom 4 - 7:30 pm.
You can also earn a $300 stipend after registering and attending the Boot Camp, obtaining your substitute authorization and working a minimum of one day as a substitute in a Colorado district, BOCES, charter or approved facility school.
Visit the BE A SUB! WEBPAGE for additional information, including Boot Camp registration details and application information for the substitute stipend.
CDE Substitute Resources:
CDE Substitute Preparation Guide
NASDTEC Model Code of Ethics for Educators
From Survive to Thrive: What Great Substitute Teachers Do Differently
- Special Education
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Classroom Management/Lesson Planning
- Safe and Secure classrooms (coming soon)
- Social and Emotional Wellbeing (coming soon)