Title IX Policies and Procedures
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, Weld County School District 6, Greeley, Colorado, does not unlawfully discriminate against otherwise qualified students, employees, applicants for employment, or members of the public on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, ancestry, or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age, genetic information, and conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law.
Non-Discrimination Statement/Equal Opportunity
Changes to Title IX rules and regulations took effect on August 14, 2020. Title IX is a federal law protecting students and staff from sex-based discrimination in any educational program or activity in universities and PreK-12 school districts that receive federal funding.
The Board of Education approved revisions to sexual harassment and Title IX policies on August 10, 2020. District 6 has been working diligently to ensure procedures are in compliance with the new regulations. The Title IX and sexual harassment policies provide information about how to file a formal complaint regarding sexual harassment:
- AC NONDISCRIMINATION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
- AC-R1 NONDISCRIMINATION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (COMPLAINT AND COMPLIANCE PROCESS)
- AC-R2 SEXUAL HARASSMENT INVESTIGATION PROCEDURES (TITLE IX)
- AC-E1 NONDISCRIMINATION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
- AC-E2 NONDISCRIMINATION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (COMPLAINT FORM)
- AC-E3 TITLE IX FORMAL COMPLAINT FORM
- JBB SEXUAL HARASSMENT
Materials are provided from K-12 Institutional Compliance Solutions. Posting of materials is required by OCR in §106.45(b)(10)(i)(D of the new Title IX Regulations.
- Title IX Coordinator - K-12 Virtual Certified Title IX Coordinator Training
- Investigators - K-12 Certified Title IX Investigator Training
- Decision Makers/Appeals - Certified Decision Maker Training for K-12 - Certified Appelllate Decision Makers
- All Staff - Responsible Employee Training
- Prerequisite Training - Title IX Basics
- Informal Resolution - Informal Resolution Facilitator
Title IX Process Resources
District 6 follows specific processes for Title IX compliance. Please see below for the Title IX process.
There may be an option for the Title IX complaint to be resolved through Informal Resolution. Please see below for the complete process.
If one of the parties does not agree with the initial determination, they may file for an appeal. Please see below for the flowchart, as well as the form to submit to the Title IX Coordinator Annette Overton.
For any additional questions regarding Title IX, please reach out to the Human Resources Department at 970-348-6070.
Title IX Coordinator
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer and Title IX Coordinator for the district.
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Annette Overton
1025 9th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631
Email Address: email@example.com