International Baccalaureate (IB)
- inspire students to ask questions, pursue personal aspirations, set challenging goals and develop the persistence to achieve those goals
- develop knowledgeable students who make reasoned ethical judgments and acquire the flexibility, perseverance and confidence they need in order to bring about meaningful change
- encourage healthy relationships, individual and shared responsibility and effective teamwork
WHAT IS IB?
A rigorous college prep program, students are immersed in the full Diploma Program beginning in the 11th grade. Students enroll in challenging coursework in six different subjects: English, Math, World Languages, Individuals and Societies, Experimental Sciences, and the Arts. In addition to their content areas, students engage with what IB calls The Core: Creativity, Activity, & Service (CAS), Theory of Knowledge (TOK), and the Extended Essay (EE). The belief is that students leave the DP as well rounded, holistic critical thinkers who will change the world.
Click HERE for more information
Advance Placement (AP)
AP gives students the chance to tackle college-level work while they're still in high school—whether they're learning online or in the classroom. And through taking AP Exams, students can earn college credit and placement.
The Benefits of Taking AP Courses & ExamsStand Out to Colleges
Earn College Credit and Placement
- “AP” on your high school transcript shows colleges you're motivated to succeed, and taking the exam demonstrates your commitment to tackle and complete college-level work.
Boost Your GPA
- Your AP score could earn you college credits before you even set foot on campus. In fact, most AP students who enroll in four-year colleges start school with some credit.
- Most high schools offer a GPA boost to students who take AP—be sure to check with your school for more information.
More information on your school's website:
Early College Academy
Early College Academy is an amazing opportunity for students to earn both a high school diploma from District 6 and an Associate of Arts degree from Aims Community College. We are a unique high school with a very clear academic focus.
Early College Academy is a school that:
- Integrates students' high school and college experiences, both intellectually and socially.
- Blends the curriculum as a coherent unit, with high school and college-level work melded into a single academic program that meets the requirements for both a high school diploma and grants college credits through Aims Community College.
- Enables students to earn an Aims Community College Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree with the option to transfer those credits to another college.
Click HERE for more information!