When is a child too sick to go to school?What is “too sick for school”?
Your child’s health and the health of all children are important to us. Healthy children are better learners. Health Services have a list of guidelines describing when a child should stay home. The full list of reasons for exclusion can be found on the health services website - “exclusions page”. https://www.greeleyschools.org/Page/8433.
· Cough (exclude if uncontrolled coughing or wheezing)
· Diarrhea (exclude if combined with abdominal pain, fever, vomiting, frequent restroom break needs)
· Fever (exclude if greater than 100.5 orally and has symptoms such as sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, rash). Student should be fever free for 24 hours without medication before returning to school.
· Vomiting (exclude if student has vomited more than 2 times in 24 hours. Student should be vomit free for 24 hours before returning to school.
· Lice (exclusion is for children found with live head lice only).
· Contagious illness (if on antibiotics, exclude until student has been on antibiotics for at least 24 hours).