The School to Work Alliance Program (SWAP)
The School to Work Alliance Program (SWAP) is designed to provide employment-related assistance to youth and young adults who may need support to find and maintain employment. SWAP provides assistance that not only produces a desirable employment outcome (such as a career-path job), but also teaches appropriate job seeking and job retention skills that can be utilized throughout a lifetime.SWAP is a collaborative initiative between the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), and local school districts, and supported by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE).
- Job Readiness Skills Training
- Career Assessments
- Interviewing Skills
- Resume Development
- Job Seeking Skills
- Job Placement
- Job Coaching during initial placement
- Job Retention Services
- Community Involvement
- Follow up services for at least one year
- Employer and Consumer Support
What Are the Benefits?
- Young adults ages 15-24
- Motivated for competitive employment
- Mild to moderate employment needs
- Young adults soon exiting a secondary, post secondary or training program
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Consumers
- Learn the skills necessary to be successful in the work force
- Receive assistance with resume creation and updating
- Career exploration
- Continued support following employment
- SWAP provides dependable and qualified employees.
All SWAP participants are Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) eligible.
SWAP provides on the job training and post-employment support to the employer and employee to ensure success.
Build community partnerships.
How Can Businesses Get Involved?
- Provide "Job Exploration" opportunities opportunities in your industry.
- Consider SWAP clients for entry level and apprenticeship positions within your company.
- Communicate employment needs by offering input as to the skills employees need to be successful in your workplace.
- Provide mock interviews, participate in job fairs or be a guest speaker.
Helpful LinksSWAP1424 13th Avenue, Room 6Greeley, CO 80631Happy MillerSWAP Facilitator970-348-1080 (Work)720-270-8587 (Cell)firstname.lastname@example.orgShelly WightSWAP Specialist970-348-1081 (Work)970-302-6022 (Cell)email@example.comJessica Mathis, MA CRCDVR Rehabilitation Counselor II970firstname.lastname@example.org