Degrees and Certifications:
My name is Laura Hernandez and I will be your child's Special Education Resource Teacher and/or case manager for the 2022-2023 school year. I will be present in a few 6th-grade ELA classes. I am excited to be on this journey with you all. A few things about me:
- I am a mom of 5 kids... Yes, I mean 5 kids! Dylan 16, Siena 14, Thalia 11, Tristan 9 and Conor 6. They keep me busy and are my why!
- We have one dog named Jaxson and 3 parakeets that my girls take care of.
- Dylan and Conor are both on the Autism Spectrum.
- Dylan, Siena, Thalia, and Tristan all have ADHD.
- Siena is a cancer survivor!!
- I also work part-time as a Catholic Music Director at a local Catholic Church.
- I am a musician and artist at heart.
- I love, love, love peanut butter M&M's, Reeses, and pretty much anything chocolate.
- My favorite color is blue.
- My favorite food is Brazilian Cheese Bread.
- I have celiac disease, so I get to eat 100% gluten free.
Another big thing that I want you to know is that I am a new teacher. I went the family route first and this position was opened up for me after I was a substitute teacher last year. I have a lot of experience thanks to the uniqueness of my children. We have 2 IEPs and one 504 in our household. I want you to know, that while I will be learning as I go, it is my intention and my goal to help your students to become the best versions of themselves over the course of the next year. As a special needs parent myself, I know that I love overcommunication rather than under-communication, so expect to hear from me with the number provided. I also know the value of a village and hope to create one amongst our exceptional student community. Feel free to reach out any time via phone, text, email, or pigeon....lol. Lastly, I thank you for entrusting your students to me this school year and I look forward to meeting each and every one of you soon!
Special Education Resource Teacher