Schools Matter! Get Involved by Volunteering at District 6 Schools
Schools really can't do it alone. Volunteers are needed and welcome to help our students, teachers and staff every day. There are many opportunities to assist our schools. If you are looking for a one-time project or an on-going experience, there is something for you. Here are just a few opportunities available at most of our schools.
- Assist students directly in the classroom through teacher-directed activities, including reading help
- Help office staff with clerical duties, including copying and filing
- Assist library staff with shelving books, processing orders and checking out materials
- Help students in computer and science labs
- Assist with after-school tutoring programs
- Share your personal or professional knowledge in a classroom as a guest speaker
- Help with landscaping, grounds cleanup and facility maintenance
- Chaperone a field trip or other learning activity
- Help during Field Day or other school activities
- Take part in district-wide activities, including the 8th Grade Career Fair, the School Year Community Kickoff Celebration and more
All volunteers in the Greeley-Evans School District must be at least 18 years of age, register online (click the 'Volunteer Application' to sign up) and pass a criminal background check before volunteering at a District 6 school or event. Approved volunteers can login to the Volunteer Portal to learn more about volunteer opportunities at each school and change their preferences. Please read the District Board Policy and Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about volunteer requirements and expectations. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please contact the Community Engagement Specialist at (970) 348-6223 or email email@example.com.