What to Expect in 6th Grade
- Math- Daily Homework practice (approx. 20 minutes)
- Science- Project for every unit.
- Social Studies- Weekly Homework Assignment.
- Language Arts- Project every quarter; AR goal and reading every day.
There are several ways check in and monitor your student progress.
- Check Infinite Campus: Parent Portal to stay updated on your students progress. If you need your log in information, please check with the front office.
- Check your students planner. Everyday students write what we did in each class and if there is any homework.
Technology in the Classroom-Technology never ceases to amaze. There are so many resources out there to help deliver instruction to meet the needs of our students. It also can help communicate and share what is happening in the classroom. Of course, security and privacy are very important. So is transparency. We hope you’ll take some time to learn more about the digital tools your student may use in school, and have conversations at home around what they do online. Please have encourage appropriate behaviors and expectations. Feel free to review “District 6 Technology User Agreement” and/or visit STAYSAFEONLINE.ORG for tips and resources.
Remind app- To enhance school to home communication, the 6th grade team plans to use an app called Remind. This app was designed for teachers and allows us to send reminders directly to your phone. The reminders we send will include homework assignments, upcoming projects and tests, school functions, and more.
If you are interested in receiving these messages, follow the directions found below. Standard text messaging rates will apply. Rest assured that you will not receive advertisement texts and your phone number information will remain private.
-- To sign up to receive messages, simply text @d6g4fe to this number 81010
-- You may choose to opt out at anytime by texting the word STOP to the same number
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.