This year, our class will be using SCHOOLOLOGY. SCHOOLOGY will be accessed with the email account your student is issued from the school. If you want to monitor your student’s online activity and see what we are doing in class, you can create your own account.
1) Go to www.schoology.com.
2)Sign up and create a parent account.
3) Email Mrs. Cummings to receive your individual students code. (email@example.com)
- Math- Daily Homework practice (approx. 20 minutes)
- Science/ Social Studies- Homework finishing classwork
- Language Arts- Project every quarter and READING 20 min every night.
Students must complete all assignments in order for teachers to accurately assess what they know and are able to do in order to receive descriptive feedback. We understand there are times when assignments may need to be late. All teachers will accept late work with the following parameters:
- 1 day late: Students may receive a YIKES pass from their teacher. If the student turns in that assignment within 1 day of the due date, full credit will be given.
- 2 days late: Students will receive 70% credit on the assignment.
- 3+ days late: Students will receive 50% credit on the assignment.
Exceptions to this policy will be made for students who have a formal plan (IEP, 504, etc.) that specifies allowances for flexible work completion dates or if a special circumstance exists that the parent or guardian of the student has communicated to the teacher (i.e. death in the family).
We will continue to follow our established policy for students who are ill on the day an assignment is due. That policy is that the student will be allowed one extra day for each day sick to complete and turn in that work. So, if a student misses 2 days of school due to illness, he/she will be allowed 2 extra days to complete and turn in the work missed
We all have days that we are sick or cannot be at school that day. It is YOUR student’s responsibility to make up what you missed even if excused! Your student will need complete that days work on Schoology.
- Absent on a day an Assignment is due = turn in the day of return.
- Absent when we are given a new assignment = 2 extra days to turn in.
In our current health climate, please let teachers know any special curcumstances and we can work with you on a case by case basis.
- CheckInfinite Campus: Parent Portal to stay updated on your students progress. If you need support with logging in, please contact our front office at 348-1200
- We really try to update grades at least once a week!
Technology in the Classroom-
Technology never ceases to amaze. There are so many resources out there to help deliver instruction to meet the needs of our students. It also can help communicate and share what is happening in the classroom. Of course, security and privacy are very important. So is transparency. We hope you’ll take some time to learn more about the digital tools your student may use in school, and have conversations at home around what they do online. Please have encourage appropriate behaviors and expectations. Feel free to review “District 6 Technology User Agreement” and/or visit STAYSAFEONLINE.ORG for tips and resources.
P– I keep passwords private
R - I respect others thoughts online
I - I only use websites or programs assigned
D - I focus on my daily assignments
E - I treat the computer like my Grandma!(Not to damage equipment)
To enhance school to home communcation, the 7th grade team will be sending EMAILs through Infinite Campus. Infinite Campus is also where youcan check your students GRADES and BEHAVIOR!
PLEASE make sure your contact information is current and we can easily contact you via email.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns! We prefer EMAIL!