DISTRICT 6 ATTENDANCE POLICY
This policy meets state guidelines (CRS 22-33-104):
• Parents are encouraged to notify the school for student absences, but the absence will be “excused” by the school according to the guidelines for excused absences.
• A student will be limited to four excused absences in a month or 10 excused absences in a year.
• Pre-arranged absences must be pre-approved by the school administrator.
District 6 Attendance Philosophy
Significant learning for all students is provided each time class is held in Weld County School District 6. This educational opportunity is provided as a result of in-class participation and high-quality instruction.
The benefits of this experience cannot be fully replaced. Consequently, regular and punctual attendance is an important criterion for success in school, and absences are detrimental to effective learning.
Excused absences include:
• Temporary illness or injury.
• Prearranged absence approved by an administrator.
• Extended absences due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
• School-sponsored fi eld trip or activities.
• A work-study program under the supervision of the school.
• Extremely inclement weather.
• Emergency, serious illness, or death in the family.
• Participation in religious observances.
• Any absence which occurs when the student is required to be in court or in the custody of the court or law enforcement authorities.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the school.