School Accountability Committee (SAC)Role of Our SAC/PAC Team:
- Each school is responsible for establishing a SchoolAccountability Committee which should, at a minimum level, include thefollowing number of people in these identified positions.
- The Principal
- One parent who provides instruction in the school
- Three parents of students enrolled in the school.
- At least one adult member of an organization of parents,teachers, and students recognized by the school.
- At least one person from the community.
- SAC/PAC members are responsible for the following:
- Recommending to the principal of the school thepriorities for spending money.
- Making recommendations to the principal concerningpreparation of a schools Performance or Improvement Plan.
- Making recommendation to the local school boardconcerning preparations of a school’s requiring Priority Improvement or aTurnaround Plan if such a plan is required.
- Meet at least quarterly to discuss the state of theschool and determine whether the school leadership, personnel, andinfrastructure are following the appropriate plan for improvement.
Last Modified on November 19, 2018