Earth and AP Environmental Science, Room 307Corrine YahnBS in Biology, minored in Oceanography, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VAMS in Geosciences, Mississippi State University, Starkville, MSEarth System Science 2019-2020AP Environmental Science Syllabus 2019-2020Mini Bio: I'm originally from Tidewater, Virginia, lived in Guam and now Milliken, CO. I have a son, Alexander, who is a Spartan (yeah!!) and a daughter, Catherine, that attends Milliken Elementary.
Traveling is a passion of mine! Every other year I plan on taking students to amazing places. This spring break we are traveling Iceland and in 2021, China!
I've been teaching for 17 years and my favorite classes to teach include AP Environmental Science and Earth Science. My hope is to inspire students to further their studies in this growing field.
TOP CAREERS IN EARTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL
* Environmental Scientist: You can be involved in water and soil testing and remediation, assessment of sites for pollution types and amounts, clean-up of toxic chemicals from the water and/or soil.
* Environmental Engineering: When technical solutions are required to resolve problems with environmental contamination or pollution, environmental engineers are often called upon to propose and implement those systems.
* Environmental Education: You can specialize in Middle Childhood or Secondary Education, bringing the Earth Sciences to children of a broad spectrum of ages. Teaching at the college/university level requires a Ph.D. at most institutions.
*Petroleum Geology and Economic Geology: This involves searching for and helping to mine or exploit Earth’s resources, including ore minerals, oil, natural gas, and coal.
* Soil Scientist: is a person who is qualified to evaluate and interpret soils and soil-related data for the purpose of understanding soil resources as they contribute to not only agricultural production, but as they affect environmental quality and as they are managed for protection of human health and the environment.
* Environmental Law: With background in the earth sciences, you can go on to study and litigate various aspects of the impact of humans on the physical environment.