Welcome!Our School Accountability Committee (SAC) meetings are held quarterly on the first Thursday of each month. This committee has a responsibility for making recommendations to the principal regarding budget, community engagement, and school improvement efforts. If you are interested in formally serving as a member of our SAC, please contact our principal, Matt Thompson, at (970) 348-1300.This meeting is open to the public. Please consider attending our next meeting from 5:00-6:00 p.m. in the Knowldedge and Culture Centre (Library) at Dos Rios. Our schedule for the school year is as follows:September 6, 2018November 1, 2018February 7, 2019April 4, 2019Everyone is welcome - we hope to see you there!
Per Colorado State Law (CRS 22-11-401), each SAC is responsible for the following:
- Making recommendations to the principal on the school priorities for spending school moneys, including federal funds, where applicable;
- Making recommendations to the principal of the school and the superintendent concerning preparation of a school Performance or Improvement plan, if either type of plan is required;
- Publicizing and holding a SAC meeting to discuss strategies to include in a school Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan, if either type of plan is required, and using this input to make recommendations to the local school board concerning preparation of the school Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan prior to the plan being written;
- Publicizing the district’s public hearing to review a written school Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan;
- Meeting at least quarterly to discuss whether school leadership, personnel, and infrastructure are advancing or impeding implementation of the school’s Performance, Improvement, Priority Improvement, or Turnaround plan, whichever is applicable, and other progress pertinent to the school’s accreditation contract;
- Providing input and recommendations to the DAC and district administration, on an advisory basis, concerning principal development plans and principal evaluations. (Note that this should not in any way interfere with a district’s compliance with the statutory requirements of the Teacher Employment, Compensation and Dismissal Act.); and
- Publicizing opportunities to serve and soliciting parents to serve on the SAC;
- Assisting the district in implementing at the school level the district’s family engagement policy; and
- Assisting school personnel to increase families’ engagement with teachers, including families’ engagement in creating students’ READ plans, Individual Career and Academic Plans, and plans to address habitual truancy.