Welcome to Miss Hoover's 3rd Grade Classroom Website!Grade: #rd GradePhone: 970-348-3880Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am very excited to return again at Maplewood as a Third Grade teacher this year! In 2018 I started with Maplewood as an Interventionist working with reading and math groups of students from grades k-5th. In 2017 I became a recent summa cum laude graduate with an Interdisciplinary Studies: Elementary Education bachelors degree from the University of Northern Colorado. While attending UNC I spent my practicum semenster at Maplewood with third grade. I quickly learned to love the students, staff, and community around Maplewood and am so happy to be back! I like to teach students of all grade levels and subjects.
For the last five years I have also been teaching educational camps at the Denver Zoo so I love to talk about animals. In my spare time I enjoy baking sweets, painting, and watching Disney movies with my family. Currently I have one pet at home; my little upside-down-catfish named Hiccup. For a number of reasons my life motto is "Just Keep Swimming" and my classroom motto is "Just Keep Reading, Reading, Reading." I consider myself a life long learner.
I am District 6.
Thanks for the opportunity to teach your child! Please feel free to contact me for further discussion regarding your child. (Email is the best way to reach me.)
Here are some fun resources you can use to practice at home:
- Clever login- can access Zearn and STMath and Lexia for reading! (Lexia=Core5)
- Social Studies- Exploration of North America- Interactive Map
- Time- Practice telling Time
- Weight Scale- Practice reading a scale
- Abcya.com lots of practice games for all subjects!
- Storylineonline.net famous celebrities read stories!
- TrueFlix.com used in the library and throughout Maplewood
- StoryFlix.com used in the library and throughout Maplewood
- Epic.com free to sign up
- Teachyourmonstertoread.com free to sign up
- RoomRecess (math, reading, word learning, typing/computer mouse practice games)
- GoNoodle (Movement and Mindfulness games- healthy alternative to videogames!)
- Don't forget that the practice pages/homework students bring home should be used to practice and review at home too!
- Read to a stuffed animal, to a pet, or to a family member. Parents you can read aloud to your child too!
- January 22nd After School program begins again
- February 1st Book Fair Opens
- February 4th and 5th are Parent Teacher Conferences
- February 4th No School for Students
Maplewood Elementary School1201 21st AvenueGreeley, CO 80631970-348-3800970-348-3830 FaxSchool Hours7:45 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.Office Hours7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.Attendance 970-348-3800**Please call in by 8:00 am to excuse your child from school on the day they are absent.