Degrees and Certifications:
University of Northern Colorado Bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies: Elementary Education with Reading Minor and with Special Education Minor. Elementary Education k-6 Licensure
Welcome Maplewood families and scholars!
Connect to your parent account and choose your student on our Class Dojo website for our classroom news and updates:
or create a parent account at
How to get to Clever and Schoology:
I am very excited to return again at Maplewood as a Third Grade teacher this year! I have been with Third Grade since Fall of 2019. In 2018, I started with Maplewood as an Interventionist working with reading and math groups of students from grades k-5th. In 2017, I was a summa cum laude graduate with an Interdisciplinary Studies: Elementary Education bachelors degree from the University of Northern Colorado with Teacher Licensure. While attending UNC, I spent my practicum semester at Maplewood with third grade. I quickly learned to love the students, staff, and community around Maplewood and am so happy to be back! For the last ten years, I have also been teaching educational camps at the Denver Zoo so I love to talk about animals. For a number of reasons, my life motto is "Just Keep Swimming", and my classroom motto is "Just Keep Reading, Reading, Reading." I consider myself a lifelong learner. I am District 6. Thank you for the opportunity to teach your child! Please feel free to contact me for further discussion regarding your child. email@example.com 970-348-3884 or ClassDojo
*During COVID-19 closures and quarantine, you can best reach me by phone or our ClassDojo!
When times get tough just remember:
---"I belong in this academic community." -Even though we may be apart, we are still a part of the Maplewood family. We are District 6! We are Maplewood Mustangs!
---"My ability and competency grow with effort." -YOU have all the power to continue to be a scholar! You will grow if you try!
---"I can succeed at this." - We've been through many difficult times before. We will succeed at this too. (Remember when we worked through a power outage without even blinking an eye?)
---"This work has value for me" - You all have worked so hard this year in order to be college and career ready! You know what you have to do to achieve your goals!
---Hence, you are Maplewood Intellectual Scholars!
We are here for you every day and we cannot wait to talk with all of you soon!
M-A-P-L-E-W-O-O-D, Go Mustangs!
More resources are in our digital classroom on Schoology inside Clever.
Here are some fun resources you can use to practice at home:
- Clever login- can access Zearn and ST Math, McGraw Hill Wonders, and Lexia!
- FactMonster Math Fact FlashCards practice multiplication, division, addition, or subtraction
- Storylineonline.net famous celebrities read stories!
- Epic.com free to sign up for trial
- Abcya.com lots of practice games for all subjects!
- Social Studies- Exploration of North America- Interactive Map
- Time- Practice telling Time
- Weight Scale- Practice reading a scale
- Teachyourmonstertoread.com free to sign up
- RoomRecess (math, reading, word learning, typing/computer mouse practice games)
- GoNoodle (Movement and Mindfulness games- healthy alternative to videogames!)
- TrueFlix.com used in the library and throughout Maplewood (username and password available in Schoology)
- BookFlix.com used in the library and throughout Maplewood (username and password available in Schoology)
- GoogleDocs to write and share with your teacher
- Ranger Rick Mags’ website is now free through the end of June, as are digital editions of our magazines for the next few months: www.natwild.life/Stuck-Indoors
- Author Lauren Tarshis reads I Survived The Sinking of the Titanic, 1912, chapters 1 & 2 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
- Virtual Field Trips: Virtual Field trips click here
- Lunch Doodles with author Mo Willems https://www.kennedy-center.org/mowillems
- Art contests and resources Art at home
- Disney Imagineering in a Box with Khan Academy
- Find more links and resources on my Class Links page