Degrees and Certifications:
University of Northern Colorado Bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies: Elementary Education Elementary Education k-6 Licensure
Welcome new students and families,
Please use Class Dojo to see our class schedule and communication updates!
Connect to your parent account and choose your student:
or create a parent account at
After parent consent form has been signed and returned,
Students connect to their student ClassDojo portfolios.
How to get to Clever and Schoology:
I am very excited to return again at Maplewood as a Third Grade teacher this year! I have been with Third Grade since Fall of 2019. In 2018, I started with Maplewood as an Interventionist working with reading and math groups of students from grades k-5th. In 2017, I was a summa cum laude graduate with an Interdisciplinary Studies: Elementary Education bachelors degree from the University of Northern Colorado with Teacher Licensure. While attending UNC, I spent my practicum semenster at Maplewood with third grade. I quickly learned to love the students, staff, and community around Maplewood and am so happy to be back! I like to teach students of all grade levels and subjects.
For the last ten years, I have also been teaching educational camps at the Denver Zoo so I love to talk about animals. In my spare time, I enjoy baking sweets, painting, and watching Disney movies with my family. Currently, I have pet fish at home including my little upside-down-catfish named Hiccup. For a number of reasons, my life motto is "Just Keep Swimming", and my classroom motto is "Just Keep Reading, Reading, Reading." I consider myself a life long learner. I am District 6.
Thanks for the opportunity to teach your child! Please feel free to contact me for further discussion regarding your child. (email@example.com or 970-348-3884)
*During COVID-19 closures and quaratine, you can best reach me by phone or our ClassDojo!
Hello Maplewood families and young scholars!
A personal video message from Miss Hoover
I definitely miss all of you and am so proud of how many of you are still engaged in rigorous learning! Look at you all working to being college and career ready! I see your hard work and dedication. I look forward to learning with you all soon! Keep focusing on what you can control instead of the things you cannot control. Take this time to focus on reading books you enjoy, practicing positive self talk, taking deep breaths, your positive attitude, showing kindness and grace, and fun things you can do at home. When the waves of change get rocky, always remember to Just Keep Swimming!
When times get tough just remember:
---"I belong in this academic community." -Even though we are apart, we are still a part of the Maplewood family. We are District 6! We are Maplewood Mustangs!
---"My ability and competency grow with effort." -YOU have all the power to continue to be a scholar! You will grow if you try!
---"I can succeed at this." - We've been through many difficult times this year. We will succeed at this too. (Remember when we worked through a power outage without even blinking an eye?)
---"This work has value for me" - You all have worked so hard this year in order to be college and career ready! You know what you have to do to achieve your goals!
---Hence, you are Maplewood Intellectual Scholars!
We are here for you every day and we cannot wait to talk with all of you soon!
M-A-P-L-E-W-O-O-D, Go Mustangs!
More resources are in our digital classroom on Schoology inside Clever.
Here are some fun resources you can use to practice at home:
- Clever login- can access Zearn and ST Math, McGraw Hill Wonders, and Lexia!
- FactMonster Math Fact FlashCards practice multiplication, division, addition, or subtraction
- Storylineonline.net famous celebrities read stories!
- Epic.com free to sign up for trial
- Abcya.com lots of practice games for all subjects!
- Social Studies- Exploration of North America- Interactive Map
- Time- Practice telling Time
- Weight Scale- Practice reading a scale
- Teachyourmonstertoread.com free to sign up
- RoomRecess (math, reading, word learning, typing/computer mouse practice games)
- GoNoodle (Movement and Mindfulness games- healthy alternative to videogames!)
- TrueFlix.com used in the library and throughout Maplewood (username and password available in Schoology)
- BookFlix.com used in the library and throughout Maplewood (username and password available in Schoology)
- GoogleDocs to write and share with your teacher
- Ranger Rick Mags’ website is now free through the end of June, as are digital editions of our magazines for the next few months: www.natwild.life/Stuck-Indoors
- Author Lauren Tarshis reads I Survived The Sinking of the Titanic, 1912, chapters 1 & 2 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
- Virtual Field Trips: Virtual Field trips click here
- Lunch Doodles with author Mo Willems https://www.kennedy-center.org/mowillems
- Art contests and resources Art at home
- Disney Imagineering in a Box with Khan Academy
- Find more links and resources on my Class Links page