Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Lynnette Lichner
Hi! I am so excited to have such a fabulous group of students this school year. I have been teaching for 3 years and love it. I am married with 2 children and 2 grandchildren. I also have two cats and one dog. My family is very important to me. I love watching the Broncos play and enjoy going to Rockies games. I love to hike, color, and do yoga. I am originally from Texas and moved here nine years ago. I anticipate a fabulous year for all of us.
Important information for our classroom:
Homework: I do not assign homework on a daily basis. Occassionally, I will send a math sheet home for extra practice or a writing assignment that is expected to be returned the next day. I do expect that every student will read for at least 20 minutes each night in a book of their choice. I do not assign homework nightly because I believe that you and your student should be allowed family time together without the stress that homework often times causes. If you have questions regarding this policy please call me or feel free to email me at the number and email listed above.
My expectations are important to the culture of my classroom. I feel that respect between your student and me is key to building a relationship and important for your student to feel safe. We spend a lot of time together and I pride myself on the feeling of community and family within in my classroom. With that being said, there are a few non-negotiables that each student will be expected to follow.
!. There is to be no fighting between students. That is the expectation inside and outside of my classroom.
2. Everyone will show each other respect and not speak when others are speaking.
3. Students are expected to raise their hand when they wish to speak, get out of their seat, or ask questions.
4. Each student will have jobs within the classroom on a rotating basis throughout the year. They are expected to perform those jobs on a daily basis.
5. Students will include each other in activities and their will be no bullying.
6. Most importantly, students are to have fun and enjoy their time at school.
Please feel free to let me know if you have questions regarding any of the expectations listed above.