Weld County School District 6 provides a "no-cut" policy for all middle school athletics. This means that all students may participate in athletics providing they maintain the standards of the District 6 Athletic Participation Policy. Student athletes are expected to maintain appropriate sportsmanship and behavior both on and off the field.
Participants must be registered students in District 6, Charter or Christian schools in either 6th, 7th or 8th grade.
Participants must meet academic eligibility standards set by District 6:
- Attend a minimum of half of their classes the day of competition.
- Participate in 10 practices prior to competition.
- Maintain at least a 60% in 7 of 8 classes and Advisement/Homeroom.
- Athletes with two F's may not participate in any competitions for that week.
- Athletes with one F are placed on a warning list.
- Demonstrate appropriate sportsmanship, language, self-control and behavior on and off the field.
- Any student receiving a major disciplinary infraction in which they receive ISS shall be ineligible from competition for the following week. If a student receives OSS, they will be off the team for the remainder of the season.
- Participants must have a current physical exam by a certified doctor.
- Participants and Parents must read/understand and sign a Co-Curricular Participation Rules.