Technology Expectations and Responsibilities Agreement
Receiving and Returning the Chromebook:
Students are expected to complete all documentation before receiving the device and to return the device in good working order to their teacher when requested.
- Prior to receiving the device, you and your parent must read and agree to outlined expectations and responsibilities listed on this document.
- If you withdraw or change schools, your device and all additional accessories assigned to you must be returned in the same state/repair as when it was handed out.
- Per District 6 Discipline Matrix for middle school level, vandalism or defacing/destruction of school property may result in in-school or out of school suspension, restitution, school counseling or recommendation for expulsion depending on the severity of the offense.
Care and Handling:
Students are expected to be responsible for securing their device, maintaining good working order of the Chromebook, and reporting any issues promptly.
- Keep the device in a secure location, especially when charging the Chromebook. Do not leave it in an area where it can be stolen or damaged.
- Each device has been labeled. If you notice this label is wearing off or remvoed, you need to tell your teacher or administrator immediately.
- If the device is damaged, lost or stolen, you must report it to your mentor teacher or an administrator immediately.
- Students are responsible for devices from the time it is checked out and the time it is checked back in. Lockers are recommended to secure your device.
- If your device is lost or stolen, you may be required to assist the school in completing a police report and may be responsible for the full cost of the device.
- If you misuse this device, it can be taken by a teacher or administrator.
Responsible Use of the Chromebook:
Students are expected to use the Chromebook responsibly and to only use it for academic work assigned by school staff and administrators.
- Students must not attempt to unlock or disable any of the security features on the Chromebook or to download any material.
- You must respect any limits, restrictions or filters placed on your device and not attempt to reset, bypass or remove any security settings.
- The device assigned to you is the property of Prairie Heights Middle School and Greeley-Evans School District 6, and is therefore subject to inspection at any time upon request.
- You may face disciplinary actions if you do not follow these policies or guidelines.