• Enrollment


    Neighborhood schools in District 6 are a great fit for our students and families, offering a well-rounded education that helps students reach their full potential. However, some families prefer programs that offer unique educational experiences that more closely align with their personal preferences, goals and needs. For these families, District 6 offers a variety of educational programs and schools via open enrollment.

    Any parent or guardian interested in enrolling their child in a school outside their home boundary must apply during the open enrollment period. While the district is able to accommodate the vast majority of open enrollment requests, we may not be able to approve requests for enrollment into schools, specific grade levels, or special programs that are at or above capacity or cannot fulfill the specific needs of the student.


    Currently Opened-Enrolled Students

    Students currently open-enrolled are eligible to stay at their current school through the highest grade offered at that school and do not need to apply yearly.


    Charter Schools

    Some D6 Charter Schools have separate processes, policies, and timelines. Contact the school for more information.


    University Schools accepts applications throughout the year. To apply to University Schools, please go to our website at www.universityschools.com and click on School Info - Enrollment - Application for Enrollment. Please fill out the application and bring to the middle school office at 1717 65th Ave in Greeley.

    Transition Grades

    Students transitioning from one school level to another will automatically be enrolled into their home boundary school for 2019-2020 unless a new open enrollment application is submitted and approved. This includes:

    • Preschool to kindergarten
    • 5th grade to 6th grade (except K-8 schools)
    • 8th grade to 9th grade


    All students approved for open enrollment to a school outside their home boundary, regardless of programming needs, will not be provided District transportation services to or from school.


    For more information and policies visit the D6 Open Enrollment page.

    Current School Year Transfers

    To apply for a school transfer during the current school year, visit the School Transfers page
    New Student Enrollment
    ** Students new to District 6 may enroll at the office of their boundary school throughout the school year (mid-August through May) **
    Use SchoolSite Locator to find your boundary school based on current physical address.
    Find school enrollment dates and contact information using the School Directory. Specific enrollment questions should be directed to the school. We also invite you to visit the school to get a personal look at our quality educational programs - contact the school to arrange a school visit.
    A child may enroll in school if he/she is the following age in the year of enrollment:
    • Pre-school: three (3) or four (4) years old. Visit the Preschool/Child Find page for more information.
    • Kindergarten: five (5) years old on or before October 1. Visit the Kindergarten Roundup page for more information.
    • First Grade: six (6) years old on or before October 1. Visit your school for more information.


    To enroll your child, you will need the following documentation:

    • Birth Certificate: Verifies legal name and birth date for your student's records
    • Photo ID: Verifies parent/guardian identity
    • Proof of Residency: Verifies your current physical address. Examples: utility bill, rent receipt, mortgage or lease agreement
    • Immunization Records: Colorado state law requires current immunization records before the student can begin attending school. For more info, visit Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment School Required Vaccines
    • Guardianship Paperwork (if applicable): Verifies guardianship. Examples: Court Order, Power of Attorney, Adoption Paperwork, etc.
    • Proof of withdrawal from previous school: If enrolling in high school you will also need to provide a transcript.


    Board Policies

    Find more information on District 6 School Board policies: Greeley-Evans School District 6 BoardDocs



    Specialized Programs

    Greeley-Evans offers a number of specialized programs including Special Education, Gifted & Talented, English Language Development, Cultural Excellence and Family Engagement, Instructional Technology, etc.




    Find more information on transportation options, bus routes, etc. on the Transportation page



    Nutrition Services

    Find more information on nutrition services on the Nutrition Services page



    Health Services

    Find more information on health services on the Health Services page



     Homeless and Unaccompanied Youth

    The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act defines homeless youth as students whose living situation is not fixed, regular, and adequate. Unaccompanied youth are defined as students fitting the definition of homelessness as well as not in the physical custody of a parent or legal guardian. This Act requires school staff to eliminate barriers to academic and extracurricular activities. Visit the Family Center page for support.


    Contact Us

     Email: Admissions@greeleyschools.org

     Phone: (970) 348-6065