Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors in Social Sciences Masters in Education/Teaching Currently enrolled Masters in Educational Leadership
Mrs. Misty Gavina
Happy new school year Chappelow Cheetahs! I am so very excited to be teaching 5th grade Math. Everything about this school is amazing and I can't wait for a wonderful school year. We work with a blended learning setup in my classroom. The students work on the online Zearn math program to make sure they are getting individualized learning at their own pace and then small group time with me using Engage NY. I also like to keep my classroom moving, engaged and creative. My instruction is a perfect blend for Chappelow, as I am a creative artist person and bring that into my math teaching style. I absolutely love teaching math to students in a way they’ve never thought of. My creativity doesn’t end with my teaching style as my classroom is colorful with a variety of flexible seating for the kids to explore.
If you have any questions, feel free to stop by or email me, I try my best to respond to all emails by the end of the day.
Fun facts about me:
- I am originally from Washington State and received my Bachelors Degree from Central Washington University. I also received my Masters Degree in Education in Washington, as well.
- I am currently half way through getting my 2nd Masters degree in Educational Leadership.
- I have lived in several states in my life, but Colorado has been my favorite!
- I moved here to teach back in 2008 after receiving my teaching license in Washington. I had never been to Colorado at the time and moved sight unseen to teach here in Greeley & never looked back!
- My husband also works for our school district in the IT department.
- We have two sons, ages 13 & 3! Both attend Greeley public schools.
- My family and I are HUGE Disney fans and go to Disneyland every year during Thanksgiving break. It’s our happiest place on earth! Even our 2-Goldendoodle dogs are named after Disney Characters!
- We are avid travelers and have a goal to visit all 50 states before our kids graduate, we are currently at 29. I love finding unique, family friendly, historical fun places to visit in every state!
- We are also enthusiastic bike riders. We enjoy finding new trails all over Colorado, if you have a great recommendation, I’d love to hear it.
- My favorite color is pink.