THE GCHS SCHOOL COUNSELING
- Every student is capable of reaching their fullest potential and will rise to GCHS expectations that include academic, career, and social/emotional outcomes.
- Every student deserves access to equitable education and supports through compassion, patience, and love.
- Every student deserves access to a comprehensive school counseling program that includes collaboration involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, other school staff, and education stakeholders.
- Every student should be empowered to self-advocate and self-manage stress.
- Every student needs a trusted adult, to be part of an inclusive environment, and to feel safe at school.
- Every student should graduate and be prepared for post-secondary options.
Greeley Central High School students -- empowered to use their voices -- take ownership, and become contributing leaders of society, develop as resilient, culturally competent, and socially, emotionally, and academically prepared individuals who choose an appropriate career or college path and experience their best lives in tomorrow's world.
While providing a safe, nurturing environment, all school counselors collaborate and advocate with students, families, and community stakeholders supporting a challenging and equitable education. We empower all students to become leaders and the best versions of themselves socially, emotionally, and academically reflecting Pride, Class, and Dignity in an ever-changing society.
College Opportunity Fund (COF): If you are planning on attending a private or public college or university, this stipend can help pay!
College/University Application Deadlines for Fall 2022. (YOU WILL BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS AFTER YOU ARE ACCEPTED TO THE SCHOOL)
University of Northern Colorado Scholarships: March 1st
University of Northern Colorado Application: May 1st
Aims Community College Scholarships: March 1st
Colorado State University Scholarships: March 1st, 11 pm
Colorado State University Application: March 1st
CU-Boulder Scholarships: February 15
CU Boulder Application (Common App): January 15
Metropolitan State University of Denver Scholarships: March 1st
Metropolitan State University of Denver Application: July 1st
Colorado State University Pueblo Application:
Colorado State University Pueblo Scholarships:
FAFSA (Free application for federal student aid)
THIS APPLICATION GETS YOU ACCESS TO $$$! but, YOU MUST HAVE AN fsa id FOR BOTH YOU AND YOUR PARENT FIRST! vISIT THE FAFSA WEBSITE. Click on "Create Account"; "Get Started"
EARN A SCHOLARSHIP FOR COMPLETING THE FAFSA (and more) IN OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER!! College Board Scholarship
Create an account on these sites to have more chances at scholarship dollars!
Fastweb; School Soup; Cappex; College In Colorado; Search 4 Scholarships; College Board; Unigo
Need to know
Checking Grades and Attendance: Keep up to date on your grades and progress by downloading the Infinite Campus App. Contact Phil Ulrickson in the main office for details.
You can also contact your school counselor by phone or make an appointment on this page. Under the "Counseling" tab, click on "Make an Appointment with my counselor".
College Representatives at GCHS: Many representatives come to Central to visit with our students. If you need a pass to meet with a college representative, see Mrs. Endres in the Counseling office.
Women’s Scholarship List: https://thescholarshipsystem.com/blog-for-students-families/the-ultimate-list-of-scholarships-for-women-and-girls/