Title IX Rules and Regulations
Changes to Title IX rules and regulations took effect on August 14, 2020. Title IX is a federal law protecting students and staff from sex-based discrimination in any educational program or activity in universities and PreK-12 school districts that receive federal funding.
The Board of Education approved revisions to sexual harassment and Title IX policies on August 10, 2020. District 6 has been working diligently to ensure procedures are in compliance with the new regulations. The Title IX and sexual harassment policies provide information about how to file a formal complaint regarding sexual harassment:
- AC Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity
- AC-R1 Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity (Complaint and Compliance Process)
- AC-R2 Sexual Harassment Investigation Procedures (Title IX)
- AC-E1 Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity
- AC-E2 Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity (Complaint Form)
- AC-E3 Title IX Formal Complaint Form
- JBB Sexual Harassment
Title IX Coordinator
Annette Overton, Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
1025 9th Ave, Greeley, CO 80631
Materials are provided from K-12 Institutional Compliance Solutions. Posting of materials is required by OCR in §106.45(b)(10)(i)(D) of the new Title IX Regulations.
- Title IX Coordinator - K-12 Virtual Certified Title IX Coordinator Training
- Investigators - K-12 Certified Title IX Investigator Training
- Decision Makers/Appeals - Certified Decision Maker Training for K-12
- All Staff - Responsible Employee Training
- Prerequisite Training - Title IX Basics
- Informal Resolution - Informal Resolution Facilitator
Title IX Process Resources
District 6 follows specific processes for Title IX compliance. Please see below for the Title IX process.
There may be an option for the Title IX complaint to be resolved through Informal Resolution. Please see the attached flowchart for the complete process.
If one of the parties does not agree with the initial determination, they may file for an appeal. Please see attached for the flowchart, as well as the form to submit to the Title IX Coordinator (Annette Overton, firstname.lastname@example.org)
For any additional questions regarding Title IX, please reach out to the Human Resources Department at 970-348-6070.