A summer message from our principal (updated June 12)
Here is a link to a list of FREE kid friendly activities in Northern Colorado. We hope you find it helpful!
The school office will be closed June 16 through July 14; we will re-open at 7:30 AM on Monday, July 17. FREE breakfast is still being served from 7:45-9:30AM Monday-Thursday all the way through August 17.
Welcome to Mrs. Stephanie Osborn, our new assistant principal. Mrs. Osborn official starts July 24th . She has lots of experience, most recently as
an assistant principal at Heath Middle school.
If you are in the area this week, feel free to stop by and say
As you are out
driving around, perhaps you have seen all the amazing improvements to the track
and tennis courts at Greeley West, Greeley Central and Heath. We want to make sure that if you have the
chance, please thank the City of Greeley for funding these much needed
improvements, this is something the district cannot afford to do and the city
is providing the money to help improve
our school facilities.
content, STMath and iReady are available for home use through July; in August
they will be inaccessible as we upload our new student rosters for next year. Check out the link on our homepage for
assistance if you need it on accessing those programs this summer.
Volunteer at D6 school gardens! Are you interested in gardening and nutrition? Want to support hands-on learning experiences? Come volunteer at one of our gardens! District 6 operates gardens at elementary, middle, and high schools, to improve health and behavior and provide a site for hands-on learning in subjects from science to art. We are looking for volunteers to help with garden maintenance (weeding, watering, etc) over the school year, especially during the summer. Time commitments can range from an hour/week to an hour/month. No experience necessary! All we ask for is a positive attitude and a readiness to have fun in the garden! If you're interested in volunteering or want to know more about us, fill out our interest form here or email Katrina at firstname.lastname@example.org
encourage you to make regular visits to your local public library, participate
in their summer reading activities and all the other fun they have to offer to
keep kids learning all summer long.
We look forward to seeing everyone back on August 21, the first day of school next year. Remember any student living within 1.5 miles of an elementary school will not qualify for
regular school bus transportation; if you have questions about transportation
for your child you can contact the transportation department after August 1 by
phone or website. Also the elementary
school day next year will be from 7:50 AM to 3:10 PM.
Parking Lot & Drop-Off/Pick-Up
Ann K. Heiman will be changing the way students are picked up and dropped off during the school year.Big Changes:
To be most efficient in student pick-up and drop-off times, here are a few tips:
- Parking lot will be open only to busses and parents with handicapped parking passes all mornings 7:30-7:50 AM, and 2:50-3:10 PM all afternoons.
- Busses will be loading and unloading in front of the building
- There is a drop-off/pick-lane on the west side of the building
- There is no parking between Milan St and Rialto Ave, on Palermo Ave
- In order to come into the parking lot during closed hours, listed above, vehicles will need a “Husky Pass” from the office.
Last, but certainly not least, courtesy.
- The best, and most easily accessible, parking will be north of Ann K. Heiman.
- When coming to Ann K. Heiman off 37th St, use Sienna Ave and come around to the north side of the school. (Please see white dotted line below)
- The pick-up/drop-off zone is for quick drop-off and pick-ups. THERE IS NO PARKING IN THIS LANE.
- The front doors of the school will not be a good “meeting place.” Please, find another location along the west side of the school.
- To be most efficient please come to school with a meet-up plan in place.
- If a vehicle is coming into the parking lot with a “Husky Pass,” please come straight in off Rialto Ave. (There will be no right or left hand turns during closed parking hours)
- Please do not park in front of our neighbors' driveways.
- Follow all speed limits.
- If you see a vehicle that is not following these guidelines, please report to Ann K. Heiman office staff. Do not engage in conflict. Remember our children are watching.