Open Enrollment


    Families can choose which schools their children attend

    Greeley-Evans School District 6 families interested in enrolling their child or children in schools outside their home boundary for the 2018-19 school year will have fromNovember 1 to December 19, 2017 to complete an open enrollment request. 

    Neighborhood schools in District 6 are a great fit for our students and families, offering a well-rounded education that helps students reach their full potential. And, some parents and students prefer programs that offer unique educational experiences that more closely align with their personal preferences, goals and needs. For these families, District 6 offers a variety of educational programs and schools.

    Any parent or guardian interested in enrolling a child in a school that is outside their home boundary must apply for open enrollment during this window. While the district is able to accommodate the vast majority of open enrollment requests, we cannot approve requests for enrollment into schools, specific grade levels, or special programs that are at or above capacity.

    Here is specific information about open enrollment in District 6:

    Currently Opened-Enrolled Students

    Students currently open-enrolled are eligible to stay at their current school through the highest grade offered at that school and do not need to apply yearly.

    Transition Grades

    Students transitioning from one school level to another will automatically be enrolled into their home boundary school for 2018-19 unless a new open enrollment application is submitted and approved. This includes:

    • Preschool to kindergarten
    • 5th grade to 6th grade (except K-8 schools)
    • 8th grade to 9th grade


    All students who use open enrollment to attend a school outside their home boundary, regardless of programming needs, will not be provided District transportation services to and from school.

    Charter Schools

    Charter Schools have different enrollment procedures and timelines. Contact the school directly for their process and application.

    High School Athletic Eligibility

    The Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA), which regulates eligibility for school sports and activities, places some restrictions on students' athletic eligibility if they transfer schools during high school. Parents and students should make themselves aware of the CHSAA transfer rules before applying for open enrollment.

    All Open-Enrollment Schools

    Some District 6 schools are all-open enrollment and do not have traditional boundaries. Those are Chappelow Arts Magnet K-8, Fred Tjardes School of Innovation, Early College Academy and grades 6-8 at Winograd K-8. Families wishing to attend any of these schools must fill out an open enrollment application.

    The District 6 2018-19 Open Enrollment Application is an online form found here:




    Parents will be notified via email of their student(s) open enrollment status during the first week of February 2018.


    For more information please contact the School Leadership Office at 970-348-6265 or email