• logo


      Accepting a Complaint


    • Civil rights complaints can be directed to Kara Sample, Nutrition Services Assistant Director of Programs at 970-348-6600 or ksample@greeleyschools.org.
    • Make sure that complaints can be received verbally, in writing, or anonymously
    • If a complaint form is used, ensure that the form is not a prerequisite for accepting a complaint (view form here)




    Transcribing a Complaint

    Make every effort to ensure the following information is documented:



    • Name, address, and telephone number of the complainant
    • The nature of the incident or action that led the complainant to feel discrimination was a factor
    • The basis on which the complainant believes discrimination exists
    • The names, telephone numbers, titles, and business or personal addresses of persons who may have knowledge of the alleged discriminatory action
    • The date(s) during which the alleged discriminatory action occurred




    Forwarding a Complaint

    Upon the district’s receipt of the complaint, the district shall forward the complaint as
    soon as possible but no later than five business days to the following agencies:

    • CDE Office of School Nutrition
      1580 Logan Street Suite 760
      Denver, CO 80205
    • USDA Office of Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Ave., SW, Rm 1095-S, Stop 0206
      Washington, DC 20250
    • USDA Mountain Plains Regional Office
      1244 Speer Blvd Suite 903
      Denver, CO 80204
    • FNS Office of Civil Rights
      3101 Park Center Dr., Suite 1200
      Alexandria, VA 23302

    The designated agency shall then conduct the complaint review and investigation within the required






    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. 

    To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights; 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

    USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.