Message from the Principal - May 16, 2022
Message from the principal-May 16, 2022
THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING LOCAL BUSINESSES WHO DONATED TO OUR TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!!
- ERIN BRADY AND ROGER WORLEY
- CRUMBL COOKIE GREELEY
- STARBUCKS CENTERPLACE
- ANN K. HEIMAN PTO
- 5/17-1st grade walk to Renaissance Park 12-2 PM
- 5/17-4th and 5th grade field trips
- 5/18- K-2 End of year Awards @ 2:00 PM
- 5/18- 3 - 4 End of year Awards @ 2:30 PM
- 5/19- 5th grade Continuation Celebration @ 2:15-5th grade and their families only
- 5/19-LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR ALL STUDENTS GRADES K-5
On Wednesday we will celebrate students in Kindergarten thru 4th grade who have shown excellent achievement and growth. Students who are receiving awards brought home a purple note inviting you to come to the ceremony. The notes went home on Friday and Monday. Please check your child's backpack to see if they brought home an invitation.
5th Grade Continuation Ceremony
Families of 5th grade students at Heiman! This is a special reminder that you are all invited to join us for our 5th grade continuation celebration on Thursday, May 19 at 2:15. We will recognize each student as they move on to middle school. Then at the end of the day the whole school will cheer on our 5th graders as they leave the building for the last time as elementary students.
Kindergarten Round Up
If you have a child who will be turning 5 years old by October 1, 2022 it is time to enroll him/her in Kindergarten! All the information you need along with the link for the online registration application can be found at https://www.greeleyschools.org/kindergarten.
There is an opportunity for family members to apply to become an emergency substitute for our school. A substitute can earn just over $100/day and there is increased pay for positions that are considered long-term. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact our HR department at 970-348-6070!
Absence due to COVID-19 Quarantine
If your student(s) is absent due to a possible COVID exposure or has tested positive for COVID, and the school has let you know the student needs to stay at home, please follow this process:
- After the 2nd day of the quarantine, log into the Zoom links that will be provided by your students' teacher to join the classes virtually.
- Please contact your students' teacher by email or phone with any questions about this process or to check on required classwork.
General Absence from School
If your student(s) is absent from school for any other reason (waiting for COVID results, ill, family matters, etc), then please follow this process:
- Notify the front office using the Attendance Line (970)348-2466
- Contact your students' teacher by email or phone with any questions about this process or to check on required classwork.
- Students are given two days to make up work upon returning to school. During the absence period, students will need to access online materials provided by the classroom teacher.
Because we believe it is important to keep as many students learning in person as possible, please remember to show kindness to others and respect our COVID protocols. Please contact the office in any of the following situations:
- Any student/staff who has had direct exposure to someone with COVID must stay home
- A student/staff with one or more of the following major symptoms, must stay home
- Feeling feverish, having chills or a fever of 100.4 or above
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- A student or staff with 2 or more of the following minor symptoms should stay home
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or congestion
- Body ache or headache
- Vomiting or diarrhea
Breakfast and Lunch:
ALL students are able to eat breakfast and lunch free of charge again this year! We have 3 Grab and Go breakfast stations throughout the building in the mornings and teachers will prompt students to grab a breakfast if they would like. We encourage all students to take advantage of breakfast, especially 2nd graders because they have the latest lunch. They can keep some of their breakfast items for a morning snack. Students eat breakfast in their classrooms.
Our lunch periods are 30 minutes long and students are eating lunch in the cafeteria. We are not allowing visitors or parents to eat in our cafeteria at this time. Just like last year, there are no microwaves available for student use during lunch. Please encourage your students to eat the school hot lunch or bring items from home that do not require a microwave. Here is the lunch schedule:
10:30 AM Kindergarten
11:00 AM-1st Grade
11:30 AM-4th grade
12:00 PM-5th grade
12:30 PM-3rd grade
1:00 PM-2nd grade
School Schedule Information for 2021-2022
All District 6 schools will have a delayed start on Mondays for the next school year. Schools will start one hour later than the normal start time on Mondays. Beginning Monday, August 16th we will have our first late start Monday. Here is our bell schedule:
Arrival Time and breakfast: Monday: 8:35 am, 7:35 am Tuesday-Friday
First Bell: Monday: 8:40 am, 7:40 am Tuesday-Friday
Tardy Bell: Monday: 8:50 am, 7:50 am Tuesday-Friday