Application open for Citizens’ Bond Oversight group
Greeley-Evans School District 6 is seeking residents of the school district to serve on a Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee that will help monitor expenditures and projects associated with the bond issue approved by voters in November 2019.
The purpose of the committee is to provide a high level of accountability and communication on behalf of the Board of Education to the citizens of Greeley-Evans School District 6.
The responsibilities of the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee shall be to:
- Monitor the activities and expenditures of funds authorized by the election and ensure these funds are being used in accordance with the November 5, 2019, ballot language.
- Provide recommendations and feedback as appropriate to the superintendent, staff and Board of Education.
- Receive regular reports regarding the expenditure of bond funds.
- Provide quarterly and annual reports to the Board of Education at a regularly scheduled Board meeting. This responsibility shall continue through the completion of all projects, culminating with a final summary report to the board.
The Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee is composed of voluntary, representative members of the Greeley-Evans School District 6 community. The committee's membership should reflect the diversity of the Greeley-Evans School District 6 community. Members will be selected based upon the following membership parameters:
- Four District 6 parents; one with a child in an elementary, one with a child in a K-8, one with a child in a middle school and one with a child in a high school. At least one parent must reside in and have a child attend school in Evans.
- Three current District 6 staff members: one principal, one teacher, and one classified staff member.
- One representative from a charter school.
- Three members of the Facility Master Planning Committee.
- Four community members representing these groups: one senior/retiree, one member of the Greeley Area Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals, one business owner/CEO and one general community member who does not currently have children in District 6.
Tentative meeting times for 2020-21 will be from 5:30-7:30 pm on these dates: April 23, 2020, September 24, 2020, January 28, 2021 and April 22, 2021. Regular attendance at these meetings is required. The location of the meetings will be determined at a later date.
The committee membership will be selected by an independent group of community members who are not employees of District 6.
To apply for membership on the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee, click on this link, https://forms.gle/DojbSGJ7iiAG8XfG7, or visit the front desk at the District 6 Administration Building, 1025 9th Avenue in Greeley to obtain a printed application. All applications must be submitted by 4 p.m. Friday, February 21 either electronically or in person to the Office of the Superintendent, District 6 Administration Building, 1025 9th Avenue, Greeley, CO 80631.