District 6 seeks sponsors for school kickoff event
Greeley-Evans School District 6 is seeking sponsors for the annual School Kickoff Community Celebration, to be held Saturday, August 7 at Island Grove Regional Park.
This is an annual event District 6 has hosted since 2013, and has grown into a huge celebration of the beginning of the school year. Under normal circumstances, this is an in-person event, where the District gives out thousands of backpacks filled with school supplies to District 6 students, provides onsite sports physicals and vaccinations for students, gives out food to families, provides student entertainment as well as hosts more than 80 community organizations and vendors who provide services and goods to our families. The School Kickoff can draw up to 6,000 people.
Last year, because of COVID-19, District 6 hosted a drive-up only event to hand out backpacks, school supplies and food to District 6 families. This year, plans are still uncertain as to what the event will look like, but these options are being considered:
- A modified drive-through event where sponsors and vendors would have tables along the route to give out information or giveaways to families. District 6 would provide sponsored backpacks and school supplies, as well as pre-packaged food.
- A hybrid walk-up, drive through event, where the District would hand out supplies, backpacks and food, but families could choose to visit vendor and sponsor tables, outside only, with distancing and mask wearing protocols.
- A fully in-person event with COVID-19 protocols as recommended by the Weld County and Colorado departments of public health.
District 6 is hoping to provide 5,000 backpacks filled with school supplies. More sponsors are needed to reach that goal.
Sponsors can help with this event in many ways:
- $5,000 will buy 300 backpacks filled with school supplies
- $3,000 will buy 200 backpacks and help fund the free brunch
- $2,000 will buy 100 backpacks filled with school supplies
- $1,000 will buy 100 backpacks or sponsor our entertainment stage
- $500 will help purchase school supplies to go inside the backpacks
- $250 will help purchase lunch for the event
- $100 will buy pencils for 200 backpacks
Each sponsorship level has marketing and publicity opportunities for businesses and organizations, as well as a free community booth at the event.
Any business or organization interested in becoming a sponsor for the event should contact District 6 Director of Communications Theresa Myers at (970) 348-6003 or at email@example.com.
For more information on the School Year Kickoff Community Celebration, visit www.greeleyschools.org/kickoff.