What is the Greeley-Evans School District 6 MEP Program?
The Migrant Education Program (MEP) provides educational support services to students who have moved into the school district within the past three years and whose parents work in : farming/ranching, planting/harvesting field crops, poultry, dairy, food processing, meat packing, sorting/grading/sacking vegetables and/or fruits, seed packaging, hauling fruits/vegetables, canning, orchards, greenhouse/nursery, tree processing/forestry, irrigation, sod farms, or on the feed lots.
What can the MEP program do for my family?
- Help enrolling your student(s) in school
- Provide a Migrant Education Graduation Advocate (MEGA) to help students navigate their educational career
- Summer school and special migrant student programs
- Help you communicate with your child's school
- Tutoring and mentoring for students
- Schools supplies as needed; help with some school fees
- Free breakfast and lunch for students
- Help with college and scholarship applications
Dos Rios MEGA: